Jump to content
Veloce

New Golf R owner

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Following a string of Alfa Romeo's, I have bought a 2016 R manual in reflex silver.

Although there is something very special about Alfa's, this Golf is seriously fun to drive and it feels so "solid" if you know what I mean?

No major mods planned, just going to wrap the chrome grill bar gloss black and maybe light blue R badges stickers.

I'm guessing R owners don't really acknowledge each other when passing, I gave a "thumbs up" to a red Golf R this afternoon and the driver gave me a blank look!

I was so used to giving the "Alfa wave" to other Alfa drivers, should I not bother with other golf R drivers?

A couple of pics at my place of work

hjcr7k.thumb.jpg.95452399c77be4cb00915d95989ae069.jpgIMG_20200628_151426.thumb.jpg.bcd37c4b5d65380c0cceb2dae8bf02fe.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to VWROC!  

 

:welcome:

 

What a lovely mk7!  Reflex Silver is such a beautiful colour and shows the 7R off to absolute perfection!  And quite rare colour especially as they discontinued it when the 7.5 came in.

 

I hope you’re enjoying the car so far.  The mods you’re planning sound like nice touches!  
 

In the absence of real thumbs up (seems not to be much of a thing amongst R owners! unlike with some other marques) here’s at least a virtual one.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Veloce said:

Hi all,

Following a string of Alfa Romeo's, I have bought a 2016 R manual in reflex silver.

Although there is something very special about Alfa's, this Golf is seriously fun to drive and it feels so "solid" if you know what I mean?

No major mods planned, just going to wrap the chrome grill bar gloss black and maybe light blue R badges stickers.

I'm guessing R owners don't really acknowledge each other when passing, I gave a "thumbs up" to a red Golf R this afternoon and the driver gave me a blank look!

I was so used to giving the "Alfa wave" to other Alfa drivers, should I not bother with other golf R drivers?

A couple of pics at my place of work

hjcr7k.thumb.jpg.95452399c77be4cb00915d95989ae069.jpgIMG_20200628_151426.thumb.jpg.bcd37c4b5d65380c0cceb2dae8bf02fe.jpg

Hi,

 

Made the same swap from an Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 V6 to a 2016 Golf R DSG in Limestone grey. 

 

Totally different kettle of fish, loved my Alfa had so much character, the Golf is a well oiled machine tho and I know exactly what you mean by feeling solid.

 

Welcome & enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Veloce said:

Thanks Djs, had an old 33, 155 V6, 156, 159 then finally Mito. Would have loved the Brera V6 but never even had a ride in one!

You dont see many Brera's even fewer of the V6's. A future classic I think just like the 155GTA and 147GTA's are becomming now! Lovely machines!

 

As for the waves unfortunately most R owners probably arnt enthusiasts like most Alfa owners are which is understandable considering how many Golf R's there are on the road.

 

In the 4 years I had my Brera I think I only saw 8-10 other Breras and I dont think any were the V6 version!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi & welcome.  Hope you continue to enjoy your R.  
A Brera V6.   Think I’ve only ever seen 1 locally. Black. Nice. 

Silver looks great, quite rare too.   Must be Due for a return to popularity after the Monochrome era. 
I’ll buy. Looks 👍😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Veloce said:

I was so used to giving the "Alfa wave" to other Alfa drivers, should I not bother with other golf R drivers?

Wave to R drivers?  Oh no.  Tried it early in ownership. 
It was like Waving a Machine gun or a Machete. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NRW said:

Wave to R drivers?  Oh no.  Tried it early in ownership. 
It was like Waving a Machine gun or a Machete. 😂


Never had an acknowledgement from another R driver (think they’re too aloof! 😁) but did once get a thumbs up from a Focus ST driver. Got to take ‘em where you can get ‘em!  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Booth11 said:


Never had an acknowledgement from another R driver (think they’re too aloof! 😁) but did once get a thumbs up from a Focus ST driver. Got to take ‘em where you can get ‘em!  😂

The ST driver May have been waving to You not the R!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...