Lockdown weight gain / loss

Weight gain or loss  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Changes during lockdown

• Piled on the pounds
    • Lost some
    • No difference
    • Do I care?

Think I’ve put a few extra pounds on, tore a ligament in my knee the week before lockdown started so have been pretty much immobile for the past 3.5 months.

Starting to heal finally now so hopefully shed some of the excess. I have had bits in the garage to service the haldex for months but have been unable to do it. Worse thing is, car hasn’t been washed since February!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought it was a much better time to have a health kick as my office is full of unhealthy food on a daily basis. Eating cleaner and smaller portions and I’ve lost 1st so far! 

Still been working but eating less and doing a bit of cycling managed to lose 2 stone 

After initially gaining a little, have taken control again and am now 2kgs down

Although my physical routine hasn't changed in the past few months, my stress level has had its ups and downs leading to reduction of appetite.  I've cut way back on refined sugar and snacking resulting in weight loss as measured in belt notches.  How much?  Who knows?  I never much cared for scales, or, more precisely, what they reveal, so I don't have a "before" measure to compare to the "after". :smiley:

28 minutes ago, Cogito said:

Although my physical routine hasn't changed in the past few months, my stress level has had its ups and downs leading to reduction of appetite.  I've cut way back on refined sugar and snacking resulting in weight loss as measured in belt notches.  How much?  Who knows?  I never much cared for scales, or, more precisely, what they reveal, so I don't have a "before" measure to compare to the "after". :smiley:

I think belt notches (or clothes fit in general) is a good guide to go by.  As we all know, exercise, depending on what it is, can add weight (putting on muscle etc) even though you may be losing physical inches, body shape changing (for the better), and clothes getting looser.   I know that with my big increase in targeted exercise these last few months, my clothes size has dropped.  

I've lost a good full stone in weight through running a lot more and not being away from home during the week with work - staying in hotels, eating badly and drinking too much.  Trouble is, all my Jeans and Shorts are now falling off me..!  Nice problem to have I guess.  Any runners out there missing Parkrun, check out Parkrun.rocks website.  A friend of mine developed it and offers a bit of a virtual Parkrun experience based on your Strava recorded run on a Saturday.  I did start off the year badly with far too much unhealthy eating and drinking, then COVID kicked in and I was drinking most evenings!!  Decided enough was enough and cut it right back and set myself a target of losing a Stone.  Next target is another Stone then I'll have my beach body 6 pack back just in time for my, er......staycation!

Put on - mainly as snacking at home - luckily I am now going into the office more now - every morning, therefore only drinking water there, plus theres no biscuits etc, so hopefully will start loosing a bit now.

Never went to the gym before lockdown, but really think I should start doing something.

Mate of mine has lost weight, but thats mainly as his muscle mass is down.