Harry

T Roc R - Exhasut Flaps - Soundaktor

Hi all I’m new to this so please be kind

I’m a new owner of a T Roc R , I’ve done around 300 miles loving it !! but I’ve a few questions , one is that I have a horrible dash rattle when in race mode , this is the Soundaktor I’m pretty sure , I’ve located it as per a few videos but the location of the plug is in a really awkward position I would like to unplug to try it but wondered if anyone has had experience of this with the T Roc??

The other question is the modes , in Race the exhaust flaps open in idle and it sounds epic with all the pops and bangs , I’m told that in S this opens the exhaust flaps in any mode??? but from my short experience , I get the most pops and bangs in race mode no other modes sound as good , do we know is the modes are slightly different to the Golf ?? because my thought is to unplug the Soundaktor so it gets rid of the rattle and then get a OBDeleven or VCDS to re program the exhaust flaps to be open all the time if this is possible ?? any advice would be appreciated , I think as this is a 20 model it is slightly different set up to the golf ( I might be wring) and there’s not a tonne of info on the T ROC  

I would just get an OBDEleven and have a play, you can turn soundaktor off with it hopefully and maybe code the flaps open too. I know that works on a Mk7 Golf but Mk7. 5 owners have had less success so may depend on the software that the Troc R has.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

I would just get an OBDEleven and have a play, you can turn soundaktor off with it hopefully and maybe code the flaps open too. I know that works on a Mk7 Golf but Mk7. 5 owners have had less success so may depend on the software that the Troc R has.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

👍 I've managed to unplug the soundaktor and hey ho not dash rattle ! , I like it without however on start up it sounds the nuts with flaps open , doesn't sound bad when driving but the flaps are definitely opening closing 

Is there any particular obdeleven I need to get to be able to mod the flaps open?? Just there's on for £79 And another for 139 .... Sorry new to all this , also I'm not invalidating any warranty ?? 

Edited by Harry

i read back on unplugging the exhasut flaps when open , fixing them consistanly open,  back on Golf r Forums , ive done so and taped up ......

i like it !!! is slighly boomy in low gears in ECO for example but easly livable , with the Soundaktor off completly there no fakery just pure engine and exhaust , maybe with the T Roc being a bigger car helps to  not sound over boomy 

sounds like your drving a car now rather a slient milk float , wiht the sound aktor off 100%

i read back on unplugging the exhasut flaps when open , fixing them consistanly open,  back on Golf r Forums , ive done so and taped up ......

i like it !!! is slighly boomy in low gears in ECO for example but easly livable , with the Soundaktor off completly there no fakery just pure engine and exhaust , maybe with the T Roc being a bigger car helps to  not sound over boomy 

sounds like your drving a car now rather a slient milk float , wiht the sound aktor off 100%

This was an R32 trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fyi on this , since I've unplugged the exhaust flaps , the rev limiter has been disabled when in Park..... Sounds epic I get about 30% more crackle and pop now 😁