I have never bought aftermarket wheels before and had a couple of questions.

If you buy a wheel with a larger center bore does this cause any issues?  Are centering rings good enough?

I am also guessing that the VW center caps will not fit, which I am not a fan of.

These are the wheels I am looking at to replace my current Cadiz.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/alloy-wheels-brands/rial/lucca-60/8x18-et45-5x112-70.1-837906?car=14609

They come in ET45 and ET39, both of which will be better than the current ET51 and will fill the arches better but is ET39 too much?

I have never bought aftermarket wheels before and had a couple of questions.   If you buy a wheel with a larger center bore does this cause any issues?  Are centering rings good enough? I am also guessing that the VW center caps will not fit, which I am not a fan of.

These are the wheels I am looking at to replace my current Cadiz.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/alloy-wheels-brands/rial/lucca-60/8x18-et45-5x112-70.1-837906?car=14609

They come in ET45 and ET39, both of which will be better than the current ET51 and will fill the arches better but is ET39 too much?

Any particular reason you would consider buying something that needs centering rings? Plenty of OE fit aftermarket wheels that are a straight swap. 

As an example CM Wheels are highly regarded across the VAG aftermarket community. This is only one suggestion : https://cmwheels.com/product-category/vw-audi/

The particular style you are looking for looks very much like the VWR rims(not sure of the name)

After reading your question again you are worried about centre caps and not the actual centre rim size which would need a spigot/spacer??

Here is another option : https://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/selection/?car_model_id=1810&year=2014

I knew there was a sticky somewhere :

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/20940-wheel-offset-what-you-need-to-know

ATB

Sent from my fingers

I have looked at CM wheels and like the look of the 18” prets but saw those and liked the look of them. I am presuming they have a larger bore but it is difficult to tell, and it’s difficult to tell with some that you have suggested too.

Your link has been really helpful thanks. 

I have looked at CM wheels and like the look of the 18” prets but saw those and liked the look of them. I am presuming they have a larger bore but it is difficult to tell, and it’s difficult to tell with some that you have suggested too.

Your link has been really helpful thanks. 

Contact them mate, they are OE fit GL

Sent from my fingers

I have to run spigot rings with my Veeman wheels and had no issues at all, never had a set of aftermarkets with the correct centre bore. You could run the ET39 with an 8J. I Run ET43 with 8.5J

I have to run spigot rings with my Veeman wheels and had no issues at all, never had a set of aftermarkets with the correct centre bore. You could run the ET39 with an 8J. I Run ET43 with 8.5J

Hi Bobby

I have run rims in the past with spigot rings without any issue, I have also had them fail and the ring crack or split.

My point was more, why run spigot rings if you can get a direct replacement OE fit and never have the worry.

I got the impression the OP didn't realise they could get an OE fit.

ATB

Sent from my fingers

1 minute ago, ToRnado_R said:

Hi Bobby

I have run rims in the past with spigot rings without any issue, I have also had them fail and the ring crack or split.

My point was more, why run spigot rings if you can get a direct replacement OE fit and never have the worry.

ATB

Sent from my fingers

Fair one, I have only had one issue with spigots..... when a tyre place left them off. Nearly lost a wheel on the motorway :( 

Fair one, I have only had one issue with spigots..... when a tyre place left them off. Nearly lost a wheel on the motorway  

Never mind effing potholes!!!

The noise is exceptionally worrying if they fail!!

Sent from my fingers

4 hours ago, RH12ONS said:

I have never bought aftermarket wheels before and had a couple of question

Changing wheels can be complicated. 
Some will never have had problems with spigot rings. Others have. Failure can be catastrophic.  Do you need to take this risk? or would you be happier with truly well fitting Rims?
When you are buying, as well as checking the type and size of Centre Caps needed - check also if Domed or Conical bolts / locking  bolts are needed (remember the covers too).  You may need to buy new Wheel bolts and locking bolts. 

A Yootube guide from Deutsche Auto Parts - “What Wheels Fit My VW / Audi”  is worth looking at to get a bit clued up.

And don’t spend before you’re sure about the suitability - ask, until your sure, there’s a wealth of knowledge available on here  👍

Changing wheels can be complicated. 
Some will never have had problems with spigot rings. Others have. Failure can be catastrophic.  Do you need to take this risk? or would you be happier with truly well fitting Rims?
When you are buying, as well as checking the type and size of Centre Caps needed - check also if Domed or Conical bolts / locking  bolts are needed (remember the covers too).  You may need to buy new Wheel bolts and locking bolts. 
A Yootube guide from Deutsche Auto Parts - “What Wheels Fit My VW / Audi”  is worth looking at to get a bit clued up.
And don’t spend before you’re sure about the suitability - ask, until your sure, there’s a wealth of knowledge available on here  
Don't even get into adding spacers into the mix......

Sent from my fingers