DTUK pedel box

Harry

8 hours ago, Harry said:

would it be the same wiht the XLR race chip?? they say the diont support the T Roc R as yet

The XLR Race Chip is not a pedal box as far as I'm aware - more a tuning box (and a very crude one at that). Check this video out - makes for interesting reading...

DTUK pedal box , want one for my T Roc R , will a version that fits a Golf R 7.5 work ?? essentially the same car so I think the plugs will be the same under the pedal ?? any help would be appreciated

Contact DTUK. They usually reply quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Blackpug said:

1d274c0a7e8b4838e86599be4c896d1f.jpg
Just fitted to Car. Was originally in 7R, then reconfigured by DTUK for a Polo AW Gti. Reconfigured again now for my T Roc R. What a difference emoji106.png

Thanks for the info , when you say configured by DTUk what does this involve .... Just a phone call or ?

8 hours ago, Blackpug said:

Emailed them. Then posted pedalbox to them. They reconfigured it (after payment) and back to me next day. Not expensive but definitely worth it. emoji41.png

Very interesting 😉 , how much roughly for the reconfigure?? 

Just I essentially could pick up a second hand pedel box for a golf 7 and get them to reconfigure ?? Is that right or am I missing anything

Would adding a pedal box have any chance of casing a issue with VW warranty at all  if there was a issue found that needed a warranty claim ?? Especially does a pedal box mess with the ECU at all ??

my T Roc is brand new so im not thinking of remapping etc quite yet😀 , but the dead spot on the pedel is bugging me 

59 minutes ago, Harry said:

Would adding a pedal box have any chance of casing a issue with VW warranty at all  if there was a issue found that needed a warranty claim ?? Especially does a pedal box mess with the ECU at all ??

my T Roc is brand new so im not thinking of remapping etc quite yet😀 , but the dead spot on the pedel is bugging me 

Anything you change can potentially affect the warranty.  But technically they have to show that the modification led to the issue, although some dealerships/garages might use it as an excuse.  So you need to be aware of that. However a pedalbox is a pretty low risk and I’ve not heard or read on forums of anyone with a pedalbox having a warranty issue because of it.  It’s a pretty safe bet tbh. 

Make sure you tell your insurer about it though (if you fit one) and get it added to your policy.