Hello guys im picking up new VW golf R, i have few questions if you can help me,

im looking to buy 2017-2018 VW golf R facelift 310 HP but pre WLTP car, my question is as i read some threads is the golf 310 making DSG farts ?

Im looking forward to putting non resonated exhaust on it. But im still not sure if the 310 is making dsg fart which sounds stuppid but for me its the key factor dont blame me on that :D.

As i read some comments some says 310 with new 7speed dsg is not farting anymore, and some said its farting same as prefacelift Golf R with 6speed dq250. So im really confused right now in i dont knwo if it is or if it is not or if they changed some programing even in the non wltp car, because prefacelift is farting awesome and thats what i want. looking forward to put non resonated exhaust.

As i saw some videos on facelift golf R 310 some is farting like crazy and some didnt seems to fart, maybe it was just video.

Thanks for makeing it clear for me guys looking forward.

The 310 farts just the same as the others, the exhaust pops and crackles as standard too where i dont think the pre facelift did or certainly nowhete near as much as the 7.5.

None of them fart launching for efficiency

Mine is a mk 7 R and it farts all the time, big farts when I have a heavy foot, seems like small farts when my foot is less heavy, it doesnt fart when poodling around but if the shift is 4k+ in the rev range it makes some type of dsg fart noise :D

I had a 2018 and the sound it made with just a Remus was mega lots of bangs as standard and loud gear changes the mk7 does not have the same level of overrun and the WLTP 7.5 does not either.  

Any MK7 or any 7.5 Pre-OPF / WLTP will do a loud DSG fart.

Post-WLTP / OPF 7.5 also farts but is much quieter.

Enjoy! I think the best of the R range released so far is the 7.5 but pre-OPF - it was the most powered Golf R at 310PS. After WLPT (and the OPF being fitted) it was reduced back to 300PS.

Thank you very much for help guys, helped me a lot, som im going for facelift 2017,2018, still considering the equipment what i want to have and what is not that important to me, there is more variations in that price brachet so still not sure but when i decide what i wanna do im gonna kep you informed. T|he car which im looking for are in germany VW gebrauchtwagen plus so still in warranty an max is 30 000km aproximately 20 000miles.

There are two options , one is with the medium size screen (dont know the name) without virtual cocpit but with dynaudio,

and other option is navi pro (big screen) virtual cocpit. but without dynaudio.

Audio is pretty important to me coming from audi a3 sedan wich have bang olufsen which i absolutely love, som i leaning more towards that option with dynaudi with smaller screen and without virtual, but everybody is telling me to go with virtual and big navi instead of dynaudio.  so still deciding, im getting sick of it.

In my price bracket there is not R with virtual big navi and dynaudio :( :(.

What equipment do you guys reccomend ? Thex both have DCC ACC Keyless backup camera front and rear sensors , so they are pretty well speced but these are the key differences.

And the color i dont mind Rlooks good in ale the colors But i mostly prefer white or red.

4 hours ago, Sequence said:

I had a 2018 and the sound it made with just a Remus was mega lots of bangs as standard and loud gear changes the mk7 does not have the same level of overrun and the WLTP 7.5 does not either.  

Did u have resonated or non resonated Remus? Because im looking to buy remus as im running remus on my audi right now as well.

Did u have resonated or non resonated Remus? Because im looking to buy remus as im running remus on my audi right now as well.

The Remus comes non resonated, you have to pay extra for a resonator box. Non resonated it is fooking loud with huge amounts of overrun and DSG farts like a sniper is taking pot shots out the back window!

I habv had a Remus downpipe fitted and have gone back to resonated which is almost as loud as it was non res without the downpipe... I'm a little scared to try it non res now but I may at some point just for a laugh

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, martin2411 said:

go resonated. still loud and imo a better tone on the resonated system.

I’ve got a 310 and there are DSG farts, and pops on overrun.

Ive recently fitted the BCS Res Delete and would thoroughly recommend it if you want a bit more noise as it is a little too quiet as standard.

As a mod, it’s an absolute no brainer. Incredible sound, good value and fantastic quality. Zero downsides as far as I’m concerned so far.

It was okay but putting a Res Delete on makes in 10 times better. Best £150 I’ve spent on the car, on any car actually lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think i will go for nonresonated Remus , if its too bad i can still go resonated, secound mod is eibach springs and maxton splitters front back and sideskirts, most likely oettinger roof spoiler/or maxton but i like more oettinger but price difference is huge so have to decide later, and finally stage 1 thats it. i want to maintain relliability , which tuner u recommend ? Im leaning towards APR, was looking into revon , someone with revo ? how does it feel Thanks boys.