I look at that and realise what a sad old, boring person I must have become, as it does nothing for me what so ever. Waste of money, expensive to run, impractical both as a road car and to live with. TBH anything that isn't an estate is too impractical. 

S*** - I need to get a mistress or something.  

11 minutes ago, Charles M said:

S*** - I need to get a mistress or something

Not a Mistress  into Supercars. 

Similar here Charles  I can appreciate the precision engineering, chassis balance and design, and other worldly performance.  But I could not drive about in one of these myself. 😂😂

Not a Mistress  into Supercars. 

Similar here Charles  I can appreciate the precision engineering, chassis balance and design, and other worldly performance.  But I could not drive about in one of these myself.

I agree with you both - too fast for the road so no real point unless you own a racetrack too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely to look at and appreciate (I love an orange sports car) and see some nice examples  out on the roads on the odd occasion, but useless for driving on our roads. If you’re fortunate to be able to afford and house a proper collection of cars then a nice one to have! 

• 1 month later...

Right now, "depreciation" is spelt "McLaren".

They are having trouble shifting new cars due to a lack of buyer confidence, the Group (including the F1 team) have disappointed their bank manager, and a last-gasp deal which saw the Bahraini national bank, which is majority owned by the same Bahrain Sovereign Wealth Fund (Mumtalakat) which is the majority owner of the McLaren Group inject funds to stave off action from Creditors, mostly suppliers, which would have caused the McLaren Group to collapse into Administration.

The legal issue which delayed the Bahrain national Bank's rescue package involved the existing charge holders (secured lenders) refuse to allow the fixed assets, which included the MTC properties at Woking and the collection of former race cars to be used as security for additional lending, thereby diluting the value of those assets.

All a bit of a mess, the result being that the entire Group is under-funded, and over-committed to new models which are in the pipeline.  Buying a McLaren right now is therefore an act of blind faith.

So I'm not going to buy one just yet.

• 11 months later...
On 18/08/2020 at 15:39, Dr Mike Oxgreen said:

Right now, "depreciation" is spelt "McLaren".

They are having trouble shifting new cars due to a lack of buyer confidence, the Group (including the F1 team) have disappointed their bank manager, and a last-gasp deal which saw the Bahraini national bank, which is majority owned by the same Bahrain Sovereign Wealth Fund (Mumtalakat) which is the majority owner of the McLaren Group inject funds to stave off action from Creditors, mostly suppliers, which would have caused the McLaren Group to collapse into Administration.

The legal issue which delayed the Bahrain national Bank's rescue package involved the existing charge holders (secured lenders) refuse to allow the fixed assets, which included the MTC properties at Woking and the collection of former race cars to be used as security for additional lending, thereby diluting the value of those assets.

All a bit of a mess, the result being that the entire Group is under-funded, and over-committed to new models which are in the pipeline.  Buying a McLaren right now is therefore an act of blind faith.

So I'm not going to buy one just yet.

Was that Ron Dennis I see running off into the sunset!

At least they seem to be doing well in F1