Harry

Buzzy rattle

Last resort , dunno if anyone can help my TRoc R has developed a most annoying buzzy rattle on the drivers side when you lift of the accelerator , most noticeable in race mode but other modes it is still audable 

I've go through most checks that are on other threads as to the golf R ie, rearview mirror, door sills , seatbelt adjuster , seat adjuster and can't seem to find the culprit . I've done 1200 miles and fear it's too quiet to not be picked up by a dealer 

Any ideas ?? Also it's a tad hard to pin point it whilst driving 😂

Lastly there was a thread a while back as to it being the plastic cover over the fuel wires ?? But I can't find the original post with pictures so don't know where to start with that one , any assistance would be appreciated

Have a look under the drivers side nr the rear passenger door (if it's the same as the Golf)

You will the 2 fuel lines going in to a plastic housing. If you can get someone to rev the car so it buzzes, hopefully just touching the lines will stop it, if it does just pack out the blastic box with foam or rubberc2085b7f5f501801becb8bd3df5a38d7.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

To be clear is the culprit the below ?? Not where the lines lock into ?? 

I've padded out this area as it was lose and it seems to have done the trick , just if someone could confirm as I put foam around where the lines house to 😂

IMG_20200716_203311~2.jpg

To be clear is the culprit the below ?? Not where the lines lock into ?? 

I've padded out this area as it was lose and it seems to have done the trick , just if someone could confirm as I put foam around where the lines house to
689491300_IMG_20200716_2033112.thumb.jpg.aa4661af4601905020b167a0426ba2b1.jpg
Yep that's it

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Need some help here guys 

I've still got a buzzy rattle in race mode when between 2&3 rpm drivers side  , it comes and goes a bit but it really is bugging me 

Fuel lines is the most common from what I can see from others , but I've wedged in a load of underlay see picture , firstly is what I've done eliminate the buzz for the fuel lines ?? Secondly where else can I look for this buzz , I've looked at the heat shield and all elements in the cabin with no luck , the buzz does stop when the driver's door is open ?? 

I've taken it to the dealer twice for this issue and because of covid they can't come out in the car with me to hear it and they can replicate it !! Pretty useless 

Any help would be appreciated

PXL_20210405_183533085.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.