Bowen

Black 7.5 R Estate

Hello, 

I received a phone call from a modified car dealer who made me a very good offer on my car, a week later they collected. 

thumbnail.jpg

I really like the Golf R however with an ever expanding family I needed a little bit more room. I looked at Mercedes, BMW and Audi but I just could stop thinking of a Golf R estate after seeing Max's (Clubsport) estate on here, so credit to him for the inspiration. 

I viewed a handful of them before deciding, had to either be Black or Indium Grey. I very, very nearly bought a grey one, I was just checking the service book, almost ready to pay and in the back of the book was an insurance excess receipt and another for £3k of bodywork. You really couldn't tell. I walked away. 

Enter my MK7.5 Golf R estate. 

DSC06936.jpg

DSC06971.jpg

DSC06942.jpg

Being a 7.5 estate it's a 7speed DSG which, I actually really like and suits the car/engine. Generally speaking the 7.5 is a huge step up from the R. I wasn't expecting much difference but I am pleasantly surprised. 

Will be modding it as you'd expect.

Thanks

Looks very good in black.  😎   Great that you can stay within the R family with added practicality, some upgrades and a fresh feel.  Hopefully prove to be a worthy successor to your stunning departed R hatch.

As an estate owner, I have to say good choice. 

IMO darker colours suit it better, especially if on Cadiz, though I suspect you'll be getting rid of those soon enough. I saw a white estate & Cadiz and didn't think it looked quite right. However, I look at my Atlantic Blue & Cadiz and think it just works better. 

Need more space!!!
Come over to the dark side!

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

@Bowen cannot wait to read the updates on this. Spoken to you on insta but loved the Cupra and R builds. Looking at one of these myself I'm not going to pretend like I won't be getting my mod ideas from this thread 😂

As already said by many, looks lovely and will only get better 👍🏼

22 hours ago, Totally_Vacant said:

@Bowen cannot wait to read the updates on this. Spoken to you on insta but loved the Cupra and R builds. Looking at one of these myself I'm not going to pretend like I won't be getting my mod ideas from this thread 😂

As already said by many, looks lovely and will only get better 👍🏼

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback. We spoke quite a bit on IG nice to see you on here. Looking forward to what you buy.

No major updates. 

I fitted an MST turbo elbow and intake pipe, still undecided on what induction system to go with, maybe a pikey R600. 

Bought and fitted some subtle paddle extensions from ebay. £15 and they are really good quality.DSC07130.thumb.jpg.1fd5cdf7e6c207a3d4224218a0fc81c5.jpg

and some carbon wing mirror covers

DSC07128.thumb.jpg.4008a1e562735013d8a80596d20ee10c.jpg

and just been enjoying it for what it is at the moment. The fact an estate can car move the way this does is amazing. 

DSC07090.thumb.jpg.30c3c89b80e569aa004798b54ec10b36.jpg

I've been trying to source some wheels but have struggled, as most places seem out of stock. I should be picking up  second hand set of wheels this weekend hopefully. 

Booked in for some wrapping too.