OOV

Been feeling down lately...

7 minutes ago, OOV said:

But loved driving my car this evening, had an exhilarating time... I love my car

Sorry to hear, remember no matter how bad it gets, things improve.

this year has shown that to me more than anything.

yes totally agree about just getting in the car, I love an evening or very early summer morning drive, no cars as such and just zapping about.

11 hours ago, OOV said:

But loved driving my car this evening, had an exhilarating time... I love my car

Sorry to hear you’ve been down Stephen.  Hope you’re feeling better now and it’s nice that the car and a good drive has enthused and exhilarated you.   Sometimes nothing short of a good drive will do.  Driving therapy!  Spend time doing the things that bring you enjoyment if you can and things that make you feel positive. 

I think it’s a strange year for many of us, I would say I’ll be glad when it’s 2021 but you never know what’s round any corner!  

I’m envious of your lovely drive.  Due to an injury I’m not able to drive for about another 3 weeks which is going to feel a long time.  

Keep driving and keep your chin up. :)

Sorry to hear this and a good drive out to get some head space can be a real help.

hopefully getting involved here will help as well, some nice people and us R owners have to stick together.

Lots of things going on for lots people this year, especially over last few months so your not alone.

get involved here and if we can help here I'm sure people will be around to message back and the joke thread and fit women thread helps ease the pain

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi OOV.  Sorry you’re going through  a bad spell. Talk to friends, contacts, folk.   That’s what your friends are for.  You aren’t alone. Always happy to hear from you. 👍

9 hours ago, OOV said:

Coming from someone who has battled depression and overcome it Stephen...My advice to you is...Try and do something you enjoy...(every day)....If you have something to look forward to...things aren't as bad as you think....Everyone has good and bad days....and up and down moods...Driving the R makes me happy as well....:)

Life is short...Do things you enjoy as often as you can...if that is driving your R great...if it's something else...That's great too....(just not as great as driving the R)....:lol::afro:

Coming from someone who has battled depression and overcome it Stephen...My advice to you is...Try and do something you enjoy...(every day)....If you have something to look forward to...things aren't as bad as you think....Everyone has good and bad days....and up and down moods...Driving the R makes me happy as well....
Life is short...Do things you enjoy as often as you can...if that is driving your R great...if it's something else...That's great too....(just not as great as driving the R)....:afro:
Good advice and try if possible not to be alone too much (obviously harder right now) just being in open places and people watching can help a little

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Just now, SpursMadDave said:

Good advice and try if possible not to be alone too much (obviously harder right now) just being in open places and people watching can help a little emoji16.png

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Good advice Dave....:afro:

I guess most of us are feeling pretty down at the moment. 

Massive changes for everyone. No casual popping out to the shops or anywhere, and people stuck indoors for a few months and great uncertainty about the future.

Not helped by threat of second wave and continual negative news from the media (does anybody bother to watch the news now?). The joke thread in after dark brings a smile to my face every day 😀

Bad enough for people in stable environments, but really scary for people on their own, isolated, or with existing conditions.

Just try and enjoy the good parts and things will improve. 

4 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Coming from someone who has battled depression and overcome it Stephen...My advice to you is...Try and do something you enjoy...(every day)....If you have something to look forward to...things aren't as bad as you think....Everyone has good and bad days....and up and down moods...Driving the R makes me happy as well....:)

Life is short...Do things you enjoy as often as you can...if that is driving your R great...if it's something else...That's great too....(just not as great as driving the R)....:lol::afro:

👏

All the best OOV 👍🏾

13 hours ago, Booth11 said:

I’m envious of your lovely drive.  Due to an injury I’m not able to drive for about another 3 weeks which is going to feel a long time.  

Keep driving and keep your chin up. :)

Oh no, what happened? 

14 minutes ago, OOV said:

Oh no, what happened? 

I fell arse over tit down onto hard surface and managed to break an arm and bashed up my body in a few places.  I’ll fix over time. Missing driving though.  

Good to have you back posting on here Stephen, and really glad the joke thread is providing some needed giggles.  Laughing is very good medicine.  And it’s free!  Forum is not the be all and end all but there’s always someone knocking about day and night and at any time there’s plenty to read and enjoy about all our shared R interests and much more. 

Hope you’re doing ok mate.  :)

5 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Coming from someone who has battled depression and overcome it Stephen...My advice to you is...Try and do something you enjoy...(every day)....If you have something to look forward to...things aren't as bad as you think....

Nail on head. To me this is the "secret": have something to look forward to every day. It doesn't matter what is it and it will be different for all of us. All the better (at the moment) if it is something simple that doesn't rely on other people.

And I agree with Shug. For goodness sake, don't watch the TV news! I haven't watched any for nearly 3 years now and feel a lot better for it. Its not even news anymore; more the 'newsreader' trying to get one-up on the government spokesperson. Just gets you wound up, and they are things you can't change anyway. If its important,  you will find out about it soon enough from family, friends or social media. I did watch the tea-time government broadcasts during the early part of the COVID crisis, but these soon turned into a media pantomime, so I quickly resumed my media blackout!

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

I fell arse over tit down onto hard surface and managed to break an arm and bashed up my body in a few places.  I’ll fix over time. Missing driving though.  

Good to have you back posting on here Stephen, and really glad the joke thread is providing some needed giggles.  Laughing is very good medicine.  And it’s free!  Forum is not the be all and end all but there’s always someone knocking about day and night and at any time there’s plenty to read and enjoy about all our shared R interests and much more. 

Hope you’re doing ok mate.  :)

Sorry to hear that Bec, you have my sympathies. I broke my left arm badly after falling off a ladder about 10 years ago, and I couldn't drive (couldn't change gear) for 6 months. Only time I wished I had an automatic! I did start to write a book, typing with my good arm: "101 things you won't be able to do if you break your arm"...