AndyMD

Keyless entry question

Hi all

New owner of a 2020 mk 7.5 estate here. Loving the car so far and almost at the stage of being able to be a little heavier on the right foot.

I've managed to figure most stuff out and read many threads here which has helped. However, I think I have keyless entry,it car unlocks with me pressing the sensor on the handle,but I can't get it to lock when I get out by touching either sensor. In fact to unlock its the opposite of what it says in the manual

Do I not have it? Or am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance

Hi all

New owner of a 2020 mk 7.5 estate here. Loving the car so far and almost at the stage of being able to be a little heavier on the right foot.

I've managed to figure most stuff out and read many threads here which has helped. However, I think I have keyless entry,it car unlocks with me pressing the sensor on the handle,but I can't get it to lock when I get out by touching either sensor. In fact to unlock its the opposite of what it says in the manual

Thanks in advance
Should lock with a press the same, more of a slide really...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

To lock it, just touch the spot where you would normally put a key in on the handle

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

21 minutes ago, AndyMD said:

Hi all

Thanks in advance

Normally with keyless, to unlock you just touch your hand inside of the door handle so the sensor picks it up. And to lock, just slowly brush or wave your hand across the sensor dimple on outside of the door handle - on either drivers or passenger doors.  

Welcome along too!  

3 minutes ago, AndyMD said:

Nope nothing from anywhere on the handle.  Getting strange looks in the car park though!!  Oh well just have to use the key. ☹️

Have you had any error messages?  Might be a long shot but might want to check this out 

6 minutes ago, AndyMD said:

Nope nothing from anywhere on the handle.  Getting strange looks in the car park though!!  Oh well just have to use the key. ☹️

Nooo take it to VW, slide your hand behind the handle to unlock, touch the sensor on the front left hand side of the handle to lock. If it isnt working like that then VW need to sort it for you.. youve paid money for the extra feature!