Pro or Self Detail

Well been a long day and not finished but packed away for the day, all polishing done with hexlogic orange and s20 black then panel wiped down, wax on tomorrow maybe.

some pics, but hopefully I csn get wax on and place car in some sun to see what it actually looks like16e3fdffd541fe60c3e4484b79ab88d4.jpgcb2c24a0ec8c833955bd43a9704894cc.jpg5eb19f076dc523f2c0f9cbc9f4070af6.jpgc73bae3bef1d47b3b6e1dd66aebd9c6d.jpg9a99250eb190f2e22478debaa34e4ad8.jpgc896782c02b8f3e8b15fa2b45cebb2a7.jpg7ac9a180171261e0018e854ff32072ce.jpg15397e7f88bf04a22fd55c84d0866aa3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it's officially started, got some of the prep work done after work today. warning it gets a bit picture heavy, some pics of before and after, car was dirtier than normal due to being on seaside

Well been a long day and not finished but packed away for the day, all polishing done with hexlogic orange and s20 black then panel wiped down, wax on tomorrow maybe. some pics, but hopefully I csn

Well the sun is out so took a couple of extra pics after cleaning the windows and coating them in h2go , apart from front window as didn't want wiper judder. Had a go late last night at a pass with

Posted Images

Veer nice work Lee, it’s looking fantastic already after the polish.  Look at those reflections!  The paint must feel super smooth now, it looks it too.  And great gloss and that’s without the wax!   Well done and hope you’re having a well deserved rest now.  Until the next step!  

Veer nice work Lee, it’s looking fantastic already after the polish.  Look at those reflections!  The paint must feel super smooth now, it looks it too.  And great gloss and that’s without the wax!   Well done and hope you’re having a well deserved rest now.  Until the next step!  
Thanks becs, indeed super smooth, never felt it so smooth not even when I first got it.

Shine is very good, hopefully when sunny it will look even better

Well the sun is out so took a couple of extra pics after cleaning the windows and coating them in h2go , apart from front window as didn't want wiper judder.

Had a go late last night at a pass with the DA on the annoying gloss Black window steps as well, came up decent, need a quick panel wipe done to remove residue

Still some minor swirls on bonnet, maybe another pass before wax but qont have time to do anything today so back in garage for now, maybe onw pass on bonnet and wax tomorrow morning then minus tyres I'm done I think, will post final pics once I get the wax coat ondfce2fd660ce7a111f80d6918cad5ff1.jpg0d2a2673ce24207b37e59301fe212915.jpg459bc00b2faa65a6d08ae12b15d0fde3.jpg

Hot out there today Lee!    Look great and hope you manage to get the rest done despite the baking sun!  
yes, I certainly won't be doing any tofay as have a little time now but too hot and when sun goes around later today I will be out so it will be sleeping in the garage until at least 2moz

2 hours ago, Leespo said:

Well I actually managed to get tyres and wax done today so all finished

Thats Stunning. 
Really Pops in the pics.  Great work. 
You have to be happy with that Lee?!

Thats Stunning. 
Really Pops in the pics.  Great work. 
You have to be happy with that Lee?!
Cheers, yes really pleased for a first ever attempt with a DA.

Think I could improve slightly next time with the experience gained, obviously a few stone chips etc that the DA can never fix and couple of scratches that news another go or maybe a proper cut rather than a single stage but unless you are going around very closely they are not noticable.

Thanks to everyone on here for the advice over the course of this.

regards

Well done Lee!  Your efforts have clearly paid off as the car is looking fantastic.  😎  That gorgeous Lapiz flake is really popping in the sunshine!   Great job, must have been hot work out there yesterday too but all done now and the results are fab!  

Well done Lee!  Your efforts have clearly paid off as the car is looking fantastic.    That gorgeous Lapiz flake is really popping in the sunshine!   Great job, must have been hot work out there yesterday too but all done now and the results are fab!  
Thanks Becs, wasn't too bad yesterday as the sun goes off the drive around 1PM so waited until after that to get car out the garage, only took at hour to get the wax one so not too bad.

thanks for the help along the way.

I have been popping hearts all over your posts! Very well done Lee. I remember many years ago when I DA'd my 3 series that was covered in dealer buffer trails. I'd never done anything like it before so simply did a lot of 'youtube university', bought the stuff and got on with it. It's such a satisfying feeling when you are done! There is not much better than swirl free Lapiz popping in the sun!

I have been popping hearts all over your posts! Very well done Lee. I remember many years ago when I DA'd my 3 series that was covered in dealer buffer trails. I'd never done anything like it before so simply did a lot of 'youtube university', bought the stuff and got on with it. It's such a satisfying feeling when you are done! There is not much better than swirl free Lapiz popping in the sun!
thanks and agree, lots of video watching and help on here then just give it a go, happy with the results, shame car will get dirty as don't want to take it anywhere now