Pappad

Advice on Exhaust

Hi 

I have a 2020 MK7.5 golf r and want a bit of theatre from an exhaust. Would be looking at the Catback, valved and non resonated. Don’t want a drone but mainly some pops and bangs on the down shift and a roar on higher revs. Car is solid white so even opinions on tailpipe colours.
Any advice on manufacturers and setups would be much appreciated - happy to spend up to £2000. Won’t be doing a Stage 1 at the moment for fear of voiding warranty 😞

thank you 

Doing the exhaust could void part of the warranty if they felt that your new exhaust could have something to do with the problem

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.

Yeh defo a concern also mate 
Only if its backbox related which you wouldn't be claiming for as its aftermarket?
Bit different if you fitted a downpipe and then claimed for a blowing backbox I would expect them to not cover that but can't see what could be deemed to be voided due to an aftermarket exhaust?
I had a water pump done via DasWelt with my Remus on although every dealer can and will be different

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I suspect an uncooperative dealer could mount an argument that a modified exhaust has interfered with the std engine tune due to different flow characteristics, and how could you prove otherwise ?

I suspect an uncooperative dealer could mount an argument that a modified exhaust has interfered with the std engine tune due to different flow characteristics, and how could you prove otherwise ?
Definitely if you fitted a decat, I guess you could always fit the standard exhaust back on if you had a serious problem

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I run the APR system.

Not sure it fits 7.5 R but it’s a an excellent quality system and is more than noisy enough in Race mode with valves open. There’s no motorway drone.

Mine pops and bangs only in Sport or Race mode on APR Stage 2 but I think 7.5 R’s are better on stock file for pops

B938598F-E5D4-479C-9004-895E55CB8FDE.jpeg

07A99330-7BE8-4D54-A523-7F31A883F9FC.jpeg

816B23A7-8A60-4D5B-A5EA-AB145849E1DA.jpeg

CFA6D9AB-60F0-46FF-9C90-C4C50B1C922E.jpeg

On 06/09/2020 at 21:21, Pappad said:

Hi 

I have a 2020 MK7.5 golf r and want a bit of theatre from an exhaust. Would be looking at the Catback, valved and non resonated. Don’t want a drone but mainly some pops and bangs on the down shift and a roar on higher revs. Car is solid white so even opinions on tailpipe colours.
Any advice on manufacturers and setups would be much appreciated - happy to spend up to £2000. Won’t be doing a Stage 1 at the moment for fear of voiding warranty 😞

thank you 

There's a guy on YouTube who had a Golf R, although he's now sold it, and fitted an Akrapovic exhaust, which is an official VW option, so doesn't cause any warranty or insurance complications.  Allegedly.

You'll need to apply some man-maths to your budget, though.

There's an Akrapovic going on one of the Facebook groups for £2.5k if you can make your budget stretch / negotiate a deal

Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.