Pappad

Advice on Exhaust

4 hours ago, marshy said:

I fancied Apr all day long but as they don’t make an exhaust for gpf cars that discounts them.
So far there’s BCS Milltek Remus Cobra
Not sure if there’s any others.
For fitment and quality the BCS is 100% the best but I want to keep my oem valve setup so not an option.

I understand from Retro Resus that this APR system fits the 7.5 Golf R

It can be adapted down stream of the OPF

Worth a look and comes with Lifetime Warranty

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/apr_exhaust_catback_mk7_r.html

I understand from Retro Resus that this APR system fits the 7.5 Golf R
It can be adapted down stream of the OPF
Worth a look and comes with Lifetime Warranty

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/apr_exhaust_catback_mk7_r.html

I was just going by what it says on Awesome Gti website.
At the very bottom it says not compatible with gpf

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/volkswagen/golf-mk7/apr-cat-back-exhaust-system-golf-mk7-5-r/

i have tried a few custom setups , 1st off i had a back box delete, 4 inch tips with the standard res of the pre gpf,  but recently swapped that for a small silencer  both sounded ok but missed the option of having the valves, luckily i have just brought a used remus gpf back for a good price, i shall try and get some videos over the weekend once its fitted.

Edited by graham090883

2 minutes ago, graham090883 said:

i have tried a few custom setups , 1st off i had a back box delete, 4 inch tips with the standard res of the pre gpf,  but recently swapped that for a small silencer  both sounded ok but missed the option of having the valves, luckily i have just brought a used remus gpf back for a good price, i shall try and get some videos over the weekend once its fitted.

Please do! I’m sure everyone here would really appreciate some driving videos and not just idle revs 

1 hour ago, graham090883 said:

I have now swapped for a remus system and im very disappointed its very quiet Basically standard. I might even put the custom system back on and add a bigger silencer. Will try and get you some videos soon

I’ve heard some back box deletes on GPF cars and they’re incredibly loud; is it possible you’re just a bit desensitised to it? 

Is your Remus exhaust resonated? I’ve heard quite a few people who get exhausts on GPF cars say you need to go non-res otherwise there’s little difference. Looking forward to the vids :)

1 hour ago, Adam1 said:

I’ve heard some back box deletes on GPF cars and they’re incredibly loud; is it possible you’re just a bit desensitised to it? 

Is your Remus exhaust resonated? I’ve heard quite a few people who get exhausts on GPF cars say you need to go non-res otherwise there’s little difference. Looking forward to the vids :)

Remus only do non res on the gpf version. Im going to open up the valves later and unplug them to see if makes any difference.

I definitely wouldn't spend the money on a new system i only got this because was offered  it used at a good price. 

Remus only do non res on the gpf version. Im going to open up the valves later and unplug them to see if makes any difference.
I definitely wouldn't spend the money on a new system i only got this because was offered  it used at a good price. 

Here’s me worried the Remus would be too loud for me!!
Where about in the country are you?
Would’ve been excellent if your were somewhere near to hear it in person.

18 minutes ago, marshy said:

Here’s me worried the Remus would be too loud for me!!
Where about in the country are you?
Would’ve been excellent if your were somewhere near to hear it in person.

Im in surrey about  10mins from Gatwick if thats any good

Edited by graham090883

Not sure if i uploaded video correct but this was my custom exhaust 

It actually sounds quite good although would be perfect if the valves were able to quieten it when needed.
Need a video of the Remus now