Pappad

Advice on Exhaust

10 hours ago, Adam1 said:

Those videos look good but i'm pretty sure they're on pre GPF cars. I haven't been able to find any videos of their exhaust system on GPF fitted golf R's, so not sure how good they would sound.

I have been speaking to quicksilver as very interested in theres, they think there non gpf will fit and have spoken to someone who has done it and sounds really  good. The only thing i don't like is the valves on and off are controlled by an app on phone not the mode button in car

53 minutes ago, graham090883 said:

I have been speaking to quicksilver as very interested in theres, they think there non gpf will fit and have spoken to someone who has done it and sounds really  good. The only thing i don't like is the valves on and off are controlled by an app on phone not the mode button in car

Yeah I wish they could just integrate it with oem valves. It sounds good! Would be nice to hear it shifting too though.

Looking at their page the design looks similar to the BCS powervalve solution. Valves closed the gas is passed through a silencer back box (like with stock) and then open is just straight pipe out from GPF back.

Only difference seems to be that the BCS system has boost actuated valves, and quicksilver has them controlled by the phone app. Also looks like the quicksilver exhaust has 2 straight pipes out when valves are open and BCS only has 1. Not sure if that will make any noticeable difference to the sound. Maybe @nige bcs can comment?

To be honest i can hardly here the remus exhaust at all inside the car. Maybe its because ive become used to how loud the custom one was and was expecting more from the remus. 

Here was me worried the Remus was going to be too loud!!

Just now, marshy said:

Here was me worried the Remus was going to be too loud!!

i have now set the valves to open all the time and can hear it a bit more, to be fair you can definitely  hear the difference on the outside but not so much in the car, suppose that's a good thing for some people.

I think I will be putting mine up for sale, its nice sounding but not quite loud enough for my liking

Now I’ve listened to the Remus through headphones I’m 99% sure this is the system I’ll be going for.
Is your car standard or mapped?
The trouble with sound clips is you don't get the resonance, I got lucky with my Remus for my 7R it took me about 4 different combinations on my 350z for me to be totally happy...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

i have now set the valves to open all the time and can hear it a bit more, to be fair you can definitely  hear the difference on the outside but not so much in the car, suppose that's a good thing for some people.
I think I will be putting mine up for sale, its nice sounding but not quite loud enough for my liking

I will be watching the for sale section! Would this fit a non GPF mk7.5??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, PEHZY said:

I do have 1 person who i said can have 1st choice but will let you know.

And i belive it will fit have been told its same  silencer but will double check today

On 14/09/2020 at 23:48, PEHZY said:

Will be definitely be up for sale from next week, just brought the quicksilver system to try so that may even be for sale if i don't like that aswell 

Have asked shak at lsg and he said will fit all mk7.5 Looking for £900

15 minutes ago, graham090883 said:

Will be definitely be up for sale from next week, just brought the quicksilver system to try so that may even be for sale if i don't like that aswell 

Have asked shak at lsg and he said will fit all mk7.5 Looking for £900

I really hope you’re happy with it, us GPF owners have a hard time of it. Maybe cheaper and easier to swap the car for an 18 plate pre GPF 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Adam1 said:

I really hope you’re happy with it, us GPF owners have a hard time of it. Maybe cheaper and easier to swap the car for an 18 plate pre GPF 😂😂

Started to think that this mornin lol

I can delete gpf and go stage  2 but worried about reports sayin its illegal and insurance would be void 

25 minutes ago, graham090883 said:

I can delete gpf and go stage  2 but worried about reports sayin its illegal and insurance would be void 

Yeah I doubt you’ll have any issues with police etc, it’s more the insurance potentially being voided that worries me. I’m getting my backbox modified by PCW exhausts (have to wait till Feb) so can comment on how it changes the car then, but I don’t drive my car that much so it would be mad for me to consider swapping it just for a bit more noise.

5 hours ago, graham090883 said:

I’m more tempted to save for the RS3 or something instead, that 5 pot sound is amazing!

I think if you want more noise on GPF (legally) there’s little more you can do than the backbox delete as far I can see. Nothing is going to compare to pre GPF cars, I guess it all depends how important noise is to you. I suspect the backbox mod will be enough for me but it’s all personal preference

I’m more tempted to save for the RS3 or something instead, that 5 pot sound is amazing!

I think if you want more noise on GPF (legally) there’s little more you can do than the backbox delete as far I can see. Nothing is going to compare to pre GPF cars, I guess it all depends how important noise is to you. I suspect the backbox mod will be enough for me but it’s all personal preference

Does sound like options are limited with the GPF, as you say it's all about what yoh want, there are many other cars that will give you a much better soundtrack than a Golf R or even a RS3

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk