Matt7R

Axle stands

On 16/09/2020 at 04:43, TheBlondeFella said:

Crikey thats expensive for one stand without the shipping.

Looks like a great product though

Yeah, they are expensive, but there aren't many places on a Golf suitable for single point jacking, let alone fitting in a stand as well.  I have an idea that the Jacking point kits for Audis (that also fit Golfs) that some VWROC people use are designed for car lifts which lift all 4 points at once, not for lifting one corner at a time.

I had to buy a low profile jack specifically for my R (and it's not even lowered), and when I looked underneath I couldn't see many spots where I was happy to use my existing axle stands (they either fouled on something else close by, and/or didn't look secure enough for my liking)

When I upgraded my brakes. I placed the axle stands under the front sub frame either on or very near the wishbone rear fixing, sandwiching a piece of wood between the axle stand and the sub frame. This still aloud the jacks to stay in place and work safely on the car.

3 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Yeah, they are expensive, but there aren't many places on a Golf suitable for single point jacking, let alone fitting in a stand as well.  I have an idea that the Jacking point kits for Audis (that also fit Golfs) that some VWROC people use are designed for car lifts which lift all 4 points at once, not for lifting one corner at a time.

I had to buy a low profile jack specifically for my R (and it's not even lowered), and when I looked underneath I couldn't see many spots where I was happy to use my existing axle stands (they either fouled on something else close by, and/or didn't look secure enough for my liking)

You may be right Greg👏  It’s a bit pinching to me that the Jacking points aren’t already in situ, not that I’d benefit.   The DAP kit is c.£200.....but I’m guessing shipping to Aus would hurt.   Sweet talk a VAG dealer to a discounted S3 Jacking kit, well within your skills😀👍

A bit late to this one. But this is the exact reason I recently purchased the OEM Audi Jack Pad set. Allows you to jack up from the new jack point and then place jack stand under normal pinch weld location. Waiting on delivery as we speak. ShopDAP has a video on this too. I got everything from e-acca for $69USD including postage.

8V0825271
8V0825272
8V0804631B (x2)

8V0802845

8V0802846
8V0802847A (x2)