razzle

New member - Mk7 FL

Welcome.

Hope dealer sorts it. Sounds like the usual attention to detail on their ‘approved used car checks’

Good luck

142 checks

Our skilled, Volkswagen trained technicians carry out a thorough workshop and test drive inspection of every used car before it can become an Approved Used car.
Any faults identified are fixed using Volkswagen Genuine Parts™. Only then can a used car become part of the Approved Used car programme.

2 hours ago, voorhees said:

Mmmm Parkway Derby...the ones who acknowledged that I didn't want my car cleaning but did anyhoo 👍👍

creating SWIRLS 👀

You'd have thought they'd appreciate not having an extra thing to do!

2 hours ago, Shug said:

Welcome.

Hope dealer sorts it. Sounds like the usual attention to detail on their ‘approved used car checks’

Good luck

142 checks

Our skilled, Volkswagen trained technicians carry out a thorough workshop and test drive inspection of every used car before it can become an Approved Used car.
Any faults identified are fixed using Volkswagen Genuine Parts™. Only then can a used car become part of the Approved Used car programme.

I think I may ask for that checklist! 

17 hours ago, razzle said:

Hi all. New member here! Spent the last 2 weeks reading through hundreds of topics, learning about my new car.

I was meant to drive home my '69 plate yesterday from Parkway Derby but there was a rattling noise as I drove away and they couldn't fix it there and then. I hadn't test driven it the week before as I originally went to see a different car. This was after I got them to refinish the exterior and replace the screen (twice) due to dead pixels!

Hopefully they'll get the fix sorted otherwise I'll have to reject it and be on the hunt for another....

20200913_143338.jpg

Congrats on the stunning looking R Razzle...:)....Looks awesome.....💙..Bummer about the issues...Hope they get sorted quickly to your satisfaction...PS...Welcome to VWROC...:welcome:

6 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Congrats on the stunning looking R Razzle...:)....Looks awesome.....💙..Bummer about the issues...Hope they get sorted quickly to your satisfaction...PS...Welcome to VWROC...:welcome:

She is a beaut! Fingers crossed! Cheers.

Welcome, hope they sort everything to your satisfaction.

Did they acknowledge that dead pixels are a known issue?  It did cross my mind when buying a FL model whether that might become an issue in the long term.

58 minutes ago, shuff27 said:

Welcome, hope they sort everything to your satisfaction.

Did they acknowledge that dead pixels are a known issue?  It did cross my mind when buying a FL model whether that might become an issue in the long term.

My dealer did say that they had had issues with the screens in general yes.

It was only when I started using Waze before my journey back to London that I noticed it due to the normal screen being black.

At that dealership they take out all the screens in their cars due to recent thefts.

They fixed it! It was the rear seats being a bit loose and rattling. However they claim they fitted a new trim but the first thing I checked was that fitting and they had taped it up.

Unfortunately on the way home there was a new rattle. I did some digging on these forums and located it to the sunvisor, so thats an easy fix and I'm now a happy R owner!

Really disappointed with Parkway Derby in all honesty. Apart from my dealer and her manager rectifying the problem, the pre sale check and test drive weren't conducted properly if at all which is what annoyed me the most given that I live in London. Had it been done, they would have hears the rattle and given me a heads up that they need to rectify it.  The car wasn't as clean as a whistle as you'd expect, the interior also could have been better.

I got a 3 year service package out of them for my inconvenience and travel time and they supplied me with a courtesy car while they fixed the issue. It's a shame they had to lie and say they fitted new trims, the dealer and manager both had different answers for what was wrong!

Looking forward to enjoying it now!

33 minutes ago, razzle said:

They fixed it! It was the rear seats being a bit loose and rattling. However they claim they fitted a new trim but the first thing I checked was that fitting and they had taped it up.

Unfortunately on the way home there was a new rattle. I did some digging on these forums and located it to the sunvisor, so thats an easy fix and I'm now a happy R owner!

Really disappointed with Parkway Derby in all honesty. Apart from my dealer and her manager rectifying the problem, the pre sale check and test drive weren't conducted properly if at all which is what annoyed me the most given that I live in London. Had it been done, they would have hears the rattle and given me a heads up that they need to rectify it.  The car wasn't as clean as a whistle as you'd expect, the interior also could have been better.

I got a 3 year service package out of them for my inconvenience and travel time and they supplied me with a courtesy car while they fixed the issue. It's a shame they had to lie and say they fitted new trims, the dealer and manager both had different answers for what was wrong!

Looking forward to enjoying it now!

Glad to hear both rattles (the original and the other one) have been resolved (both well known culprits). It’s a shame the dealer has been disappointing and disingenuous, unfortunately not a rare occurrence, but at least you got a service plan out of it.  Fingers crossed you only have cabin silence now, well apart from the car noises you do want to hear.