tortoise99

Wheel cleaner

Hi 

What wheel cleaner are people using these days?

Valet Pro bilberry seems popular, but what else is good? Or are people just using ordinary car shampoo on their wheels (Autoglym or Bilt Hamber etc)?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, tortoise99 said:

Hi 

What wheel cleaner are people using these days?

Valet Pro bilberry seems popular, but what else is good? Or are people just using ordinary car shampoo on their wheels (Autoglym or Bilt Hamber etc)?

Thanks

I alternate between ValetPro Billberry (which is excellent and PH neutral) and Wo-Wo Wheel Cleaner.  Currently working my way through 5L of the latter (it’s a ready diluted formula, unlike Bilberry) but I see that it’s not available on the Wo-Wo website or their Amazon shop atm. Shame as it’s good stuff and 20% forum discount on Wo-Wo products direct. Both are great for prewash spraying on wheels and tailpipes.  I spray on prior to snow foaming and rinse off when I rinse snow foam off.  I use Gyeon Tire Cleaner to clean the tyres tyres (sprayed on and agitated with a brush). 

On 13/09/2020 at 20:30, Booth11 said:

I alternate between ValetPro Billberry (which is excellent and PH neutral) and Wo-Wo Wheel Cleaner.  Currently working my way through 5L of the latter (it’s a ready diluted formula, unlike Bilberry) but I see that it’s not available on the Wo-Wo website or their Amazon shop atm. Shame as it’s good stuff and 20% forum discount on Wo-Wo products direct. Both are great for prewash spraying on wheels and tailpipes.  I spray on prior to snow foaming and rinse off when I rinse snow foam off.  I use Gyeon Tire Cleaner to clean the tyres tyres (sprayed on and agitated with a brush). 

Have Wo-Wo actually got any stock at all?  I had a look at their website a few days ago, everything shows as "out of stock".

I'm hoping it's just a pandemic hangover of some kind...

10 minutes ago, Dr Mike Oxgreen said:

Have Wo-Wo actually got any stock at all?  I had a look at their website a few days ago, everything shows as "out of stock".

I'm hoping it's just a pandemic hangover of some kind...

I don’t know.  I know they’ve done quite a few big discount promos through lockdown and after which would have affected stock levels no doubt (I took advantage of some of them) so hopefully they will replenish stocks. 

Perhaps Neil @Wo-Wo can give an indication of if and when their products might be restocked.  There’s a few things I’d like to restock on. 

I use Megs wheel brightener cut 4:1 as I bought a big container of it many years ago. It's great when the wheels have been left too long. If they have been left way too long, it's the stinky BH stuff (neat) which works a treat.