Adam1

Recommendations For Paddle Shifters

Any recommendations on what paddle shifters are good to get for the 7.5R? Looking to spend no more than £50 on a pair. Preferably avoiding stick ons as I can image they would be a pain to remove.

Thanks!

Any recommendations on what paddle shifters are good to get for the 7.5R? Looking to spend no more than £50 on a pair. Preferably avoiding stick ons as I can image they would be a pain to remove.

Thanks!
Lots of members get the AliExpress/Amazon ones which are replacement ones. They are easy to swap over, stick on ones do not look great and can make you catch your fingers on the stalks.

£11.08 40%OFF | 2pcs Car Steering Wheel Shift Paddle Shifter Extended For VW GOLF GTI R GTD GTE MK7 7 POLO GTI Scirocco 2014 2015 16 17 18 2019
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BSGfzA

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Yep the same ones I have, but might get some of the ones linked above for no other reason than a change...

change is always good and with the price compared to s2t paddles you could change 15 times over.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

change is always good and with the price compared to s2t paddles you could change 15 times over.  

Yeah could get all 4 colours of each and still have change
I think I might get both types linked above and see which ones I like best

Yeah could get all 4 colours of each and still have change
I think I might get both types linked above and see which ones I like best

the 2nd link looks interesting, might thinking about getting some black or silver, not seen a one piece style before all other have holes, may do a black set of those and keep my silver set above as ones with holes in

7 hours ago, Adam1 said:

Thanks!

Another vote for S2T shifters.  As above, they are pricy and outside your stated budget but they sometimes come up for sale 2nd hand so a possibly pick some up used. They come in 3 styles and a few different finishes.  I have the B3 style in polished black.  They are lovely to use, well made and robust (mine on since 2016 and done over 30k miles - absolutely sound).  Pricey but good. 

22780116257_ac6cddeff7_o.jpg

22878320390_da7c10d5a3_o.jpg

22547080353_e33f541a77_o.jpg

Thanks!
So basically you can get all 3 types available on AliExpress for less than your budget or 1 pair for 4 times your budget...

Money well wasted mate  

I blame lockdown, I had kind of drifted away from the forum but started reading again in lockdown, since then I've done turbo elbow, inlet pipe, panel filter, snow grate removal, dtuk peddle box, unicorn stage 1, 2 sets of paddles, countless detailing bits and prob more to come, service (maybe not forums fault)