Adam1

Recommendations For Paddle Shifters

I blame lockdown, I had kind of drifted away from the forum but started reading again in lockdown, since then I've done turbo elbow, inlet pipe, panel filter, snow grate removal, dtuk peddle box, unicorn stage 1, 2 sets of paddles, countless detailing bits and prob more to come, service (maybe not forums fault)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would like to think I am to blame for at least some of that too...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WHY.A.H.WHY.A said:

Full replacements 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMHtbNp

I have these, tried them, didn`t like them. They`re for sale if anyone is interested. 

I`ve also tried the S2T paddles, I did`nt like them either. Too big and numb for me.

I`m quite fussy and want really small paddles, not much bigger than OEM.

I have these, tried them, didn`t like them. They`re for sale if anyone is interested. 

I`ve also tried the S2T paddles, I did`nt like them either. Too big and numb for me.

You are just a fussy bugger

Going to start calling you goldilocks

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

I know where you’re coming from size wise, Neil.   There aren’t any that are that just slightly oem+ size or same size but nicer.  When I was first looking for paddles (back in 2015), like you, I wanted some that were still small, maybe just a little bigger than the standard oem ones, but better quality and feel.  But there wasn’t much choice about at that time, other than hideously ugly (imo) very long stick on/screw on types, and the S2Ts, the latter being the only proper replacement paddle available (this was long before any of the Aliexpress replacement versions were about).  I liked the S2T but they were longer than I wanted and expensive.  The ones I really wanted were the Audi RS3 ones (like in the pic below), being just perfect size, design and oem - exactly what I was wanting, so looked into those but sadly a completely different fitment so was a no go. 😢 

352115-D2-A0-AA-4087-9955-9-EE5-A24-F0-B

OSIR did some lovely ones for the mk6 GTI/R and I emailed them to ask if they were doing a mk7 version but but they never did. 

03128-FEC-89-A6-4851-826-F-059-FD188-AEF

So of the choices available, I ended up going for S2Ts, choosing the shorter of the three designs and bought on a discounted group buy, so a little cheaper than normal.  Despite the fact they weren’t my original want and the cost, no regrets at all, but I’d still prefer the Audi RS3 style.  Of course I could have bought the car attached to the RS3 paddles as one way of getting them!  😁 

It’ll be interesting to see if the Areton R oem paddles will fit the mk7/7.5.  They are still on the long side but nicely oem.  

E848-D973-4962-41-F3-BE0-C-2273-C2-C36-D

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

Pop them up in Classifieds. 👍 

4 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Yep the same ones I have, but might get some of the ones linked above for no other reason than a change...

Thanks for all the recommendations! Think I’m going to go with these ones in black as they look great 😊

37 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Not tempted by the £200 ones then?

Definitely not, I’d rather put that money towards a helix sub than paddles personally.

5 hours ago, Leespo said:

I went for these ones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y31ZX4T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share2b03bfce8d142dd7c557c3fdc8d8ef17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Went for these too (in black). Fit really well and actually shift better than the OEM ones which sometimes didn't respond.