Adam1

Recommendations For Paddle Shifters

13 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Nice job emoji106.png

Which ones? e0918307c3071fec0d4f6ad31302ba19.jpg460547f873652f27b3a2843c68b69598.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I think the first set looks OK, probably better than my black skeletons (I hope).

Not sure about the Savanini paddles - they seem a bit long for my liking , and far too expensive at around £25. 🙂

When you've bought a £40K car you have to choose between keeping up standards at all costs, or reducing the tidal wave of expenditure to a mere torrent. I'm in the latter category.

I think the first set looks OK, probably better than my black skeletons (I hope).
Not sure about the Savanini paddles - they seem a bit long for my liking , and far too expensive at around £25.
When you've bought a £40K car you have to choose between keeping up standards at all costs, or reducing the tidal wave of expenditure to a mere torrent. I'm in the latter category.

An extravagance on my part... I have to say after fitting all 3 styles I really like the first one I pictured, as you say the others are a little long, but it's nice to have more options

image.thumb.jpeg.bd8395f544cd257a206f6d3e0c914c00.jpeg

These are my favourite. I much prefer the overall shape. If they did these without the cutouts, I’d definitely be ordering a set, but even with the cutouts I still think they’re decent looking and the nicest of any of the AliExpress offerings.

I’m not so keen on the longer, skinnier ones with cutouts, particular with the prominent + & - on them. 

These are my favourite. I much prefer the overall shape. If they did these without the cutouts, I’d definitely be ordering a set, but even with the cutouts I still think they’re decent looking and the nicest of any of the AliExpress offerings.

I’m not so keen on the longer, skinnier ones with cutouts, particular with the prominent + & - on them. 
I have to say I am completely with you, the smaller stubby ones are really really good, I don't mind them not being solid as in design because they are easily the heaviest of the 3 pairs and feel lovely to use. My only criticism of the older racingline style ones was that it you used the very top or bottom they were poor, same with the longer new ones, but then they are only longer for show not for any usefulness, if you are trying to change gear with your hands too high or too low then you are not doing it right anyway

9 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

I have to say I am completely with you, the smaller stubby ones are really really good, I don't mind them not being solid 

🤭🤫🤐🤔😂

Sorry do like the new paddles!

5 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

I have to say I am completely with you, the smaller stubby ones are really really good, I don't mind them not being solid as in design because they are easily the heaviest of the 3 pairs and feel lovely to use. My only criticism of the older racingline style ones was that it you used the very top or bottom they were poor, same with the longer new ones, but then they are only longer for show not for any usefulness, if you are trying to change gear with your hands too high or too low then you are not doing it right anyway emoji1787.png

Mine are on their way. I am a bit worried that, having got into paddle-hacking, I might just think about removing those non-functional inner bars. Then, of course, they'll need a respray ...

On 03/10/2020 at 17:34, Starnzy said:

I’ve got these and I must say there very good indeed. I also had reservations about the cut outs but after the first shift totally sold on them. 👌

As a refreshing alternative to all these super-cheap and insanely expensive versions of just about the same thing, how about this

illuminated model. Only made in small batches, and not at all cheap at $130, but they look great. Not sure that I can justify 10x the price of my several versions, but for anyone who cares: