Adam1

Recommendations For Paddle Shifters

15 hours ago, Booth11 said:

When you hit 25 post count you’ll be able to edit your posts, up till then it’s locked as an anti spam feature. :)

Aliexpress has some great stuff, and some crap stuff 😁 (got some of both on my car). 

It warranted its own thread a couple years back! 

Oh right, that’s good to know. Best get posting! 

😂Will take a look, I’m sure there are some gems in there…

36 minutes ago, Leespo said:

so the new black ones are on, think I prefer them, any thoughts

For OCD me, the Black ones are spoiled by the + and - signs not being straight 😦 and Ive just bought a pair similar to the others!

For OCD me, the Black ones are spoiled by the + and - signs not being straight and Ive just bought a pair similar to the others!

yes see your point, think they would look worse straight as no straight section on the paddle like the silver ones to put it so would look odd.

my only issue with silver ones was not sure if a bit bling / cheaper looking, black blends in more and looks a little more oem

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Leespo said:

yes see your point, think they would look worse straight as no straight section on the paddle like the silver ones to put it so would look odd.

my only issue with silver ones was not sure if a bit bling / cheaper looking, black blends in more and looks a little more oem

See your point too, haha.  Sees that @SpursMadDave has much to answer for, but at these low prices it’s no trouble to search for ones best fit. 
The illuminated OEM look Printed jobbies look promising, albeit  a rather more expensive option 😀 

See your point too, haha.  Sees that [mention=24525]SpursMadDave[/mention] has much to answer for, but at these low prices it’s no trouble to search for ones best fit. 
The illuminated OEM look Printed jobbies look promising, albeit  a rather more expensive option  
yes@SpursMadDave has a lot to answer for and not just paddles, peddle boxes, turbo elbows, inlet pipes, snow grates, air filters, unicorn stage1 and 2 sets of paddles.

good job I have self control and dont buckle to peer pressure or would be much more

1 hour ago, Leespo said:

so the new black ones are on, think I prefer them, any thoughts 351321a5f78d8434233f76a4e2feb966.jpg9fb945e17ed33251b9df330c51fdd4f1.jpg

Does one set feel better in use than the other?  That aside, guess some of it all depends on what you’re aiming for aesthetically.  If blending in more with rest of cabin is your aim them I think the first ones achieve that better than the second set, including the angled +/- symbols which echo the angled symbols on the indicator and wiper stalks. If adding a bit of a more noticeable standout feature is something you like, then the second set. Neither are to my taste but we are all different and what matters is what you like. 

Does one set feel better in use than the other?  That aside, guess some of it all depends on what you’re aiming for aesthetically.  If blending in more with rest of cabin is your aim them I think the first ones achieve that better than the second set, including the angled +/- symbols which echo the angled symbols on the indicator and wiper stalks. If adding a bit of a more noticeable standout feature is something you like, then the second set. Neither are to my taste but we are all different and what matters is what you like. 
cheers Becs and yes I prefer the black set I think as more blended with oem.

I would prefer something like the below but can find any at the cheaper prices from alli etc e5665e617a0a2f208bfd162677d08b0e.jpg

42 minutes ago, Leespo said:

cheers Becs and yes I prefer the black set I think as more blended with oem.

I would prefer something like the below but can find any at the cheaper prices from alli etc e5665e617a0a2f208bfd162677d08b0e.jpg

Well, you’ve got the two sets so have the option of using one set for a while and then switching over to the others if you fancy a change!  😊

I recognise those paddles and that car above. Am on intimate terms with it.  😉 😁  Unless you can source a reasonably priced secondhand set, they don’t come cheap unfortunately (there’s some S2T B3’s up for sale in Classifieds atm but still not aliexpress low cost prices, but a cheaper than a new set!).

Love my S2Ts but I’m also interested in the plastic illuminated ones posted up by @Chris7.5R which I think look great and nice that the illumination feature works.  

yep seen them but cant justify £125 currently anyway.

see how these go for a bit first and yes Becs your look great

At least I cant be tempted by light up ones being a 7R

38 minutes ago, Leespo said:

At least I cant be tempted by light up ones being a 7R

Do you mean the 3D printed illuminated ones in the video?  7 and 7.5 paddles are same fitment, so will fit both. 

3 hours ago, Leespo said:

so the new black ones are on, think I prefer them, any thoughts 351321a5f78d8434233f76a4e2feb966.jpg9fb945e17ed33251b9df330c51fdd4f1.jpg

I've been trying those Black ones and find them a bit too thin but they are an excellent fit. I'm going to put the other back set back on as prefer them. Those ones would look better with the + / - blacked out imo 👍

IMG_20200929_120307.jpg

Wouldn't be tempted by the light up ones as they are plastic it seems, I doubt they would give as satisfying feel or weight as metal ones. Looks like a few more sellers on AliExpress doing different designs now so maybe some more options soon, the last 2 set I just got really are well made, very sturdy and excellent fit 👍

I've been trying those Black ones and find them a bit too thin but they are an excellent fit. I'm going to put the other back set back on as prefer them. Those ones would look better with the + / - blacked out imo

IMG_20200929_120307.thumb.jpg.6d8449cd3f96deddc47e98972b10e080.jpg
it's not good but dont mind those ones either as you say these are bit thin. Will wait until Alli copy the S2T paddles and get some