Adam1

Helix Subwoofer - Rectangular Or Spare Wheel?

Anyone know if theres any differences between the rectangular helix sub and the one which sits in the spare wheel well.

Has anyone fitted the rectangular sub and can comment on how they mounted it securely in the boot? It's about £40 more but think it could come in useful to keep the spare wheel. Wondering if sound quality is any different?

Anyone know if theres any differences between the rectangular helix sub and the one which sits in the spare wheel well.

Has anyone fitted the rectangular sub and can comment on how they mounted it securely in the boot? It's about £40 more but think it could come in useful to keep the spare wheel. Wondering if sound quality is any different?
I have had both, I liked the rectangular one as I could still fit my spare wheel in the car. It's been discussed that they are the same although when I had them both I swapped them around, even swapped the actual amp/dsp unit and the round one was much better sounding so I sold the other one. I think the rectangular one was designed for the Polo.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Is there a round Helix sub for the 7R?
I thought it was not possible due to the rear Haldex diff taking up to much space!
What Helix par no. Is it?
Thanks

Sent fra min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Yeah it fits in the wheel well you just can't have it and a spare and the boot floor, so it's either helix and boot floor or helix and spare with longer bolt and no boot floor.
Don't have the part number to hand but it will be in the massive Helix thread

Yeah it fits in the wheel well you just can't have it and a spare and the boot floor, so it's either helix and boot floor or helix and spare with longer bolt and no boot floor.
Don't have the part number to hand but it will be in the massive Helix thread

Do you have a picture of your setup?

Do you have a picture of your setup?

Erm not to hand, just going to bed as working tonight but can get some pics tonight or tomorrow.
I don't use my boot much so have the spare ratchet strapped in
Found the car bit noisy with no boot floor

Yeah from what I’ve read on the helix thread most people are happy just losing their spare tyre. I’ve got breakdown cover with VW anyway with warranty, and will be covered privately outside of that so not particularly
concerned about the spare.
Of you get the longer bolt you can secure both for a long trip you just can't get the floor down. Luckily when I went to Europe I stuck it in the back of the support vehicle the RS6

8 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Of you get the longer bolt you can secure both for a long trip you just can't get the floor down. Luckily when I went to Europe I stuck it in the back of the support vehicle the RS6 emoji1787.png

Or I might just opt for the rectangular sub. Sound difference can’t be that much different, and I barely have stuff in the boot anyway so might be more practical.

14 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

I have had both, I liked the rectangular one as I could still fit my spare wheel in the car. It's been discussed that they are the same although when I had them both I swapped them around, even swapped the actual amp/dsp unit and the round one was much better sounding so I sold the other one. I think the rectangular one was designed for the Polo.

When you had your rectangular one fitted how did you mount it in the boot? Did you have any issues with it shaking or rattling?

When you had your rectangular one fitted how did you mount it in the boot? Did you have any issues with it shaking or rattling?
I bought it 2nd hand, it has velcro type stuff along the bottom that stuck to the boot carpet, never moved

Or I might just opt for the rectangular sub. Sound difference can’t be that much different, and I barely have stuff in the boot anyway so might be more practical.
I was surprised at the difference when I swapped them over, it was noticeable

16 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

I was surprised at the difference when I swapped them over, it was noticeable

Trying to wait for a second hand one to come up for sale but barely seem to be anyway so might just have to buy it new from eBay. Will probably go with the round helix as per your advice :)