AlexDB

Fun Handle Failure

Yesterday when jumping into my R I discovered a spring and white pin on the drivers seat.

Not noticing what had happenned until I got out and banged my head on the drivers Fun Handle did I realise what had gone on.

Has anyone else had this and is it possible to replace said items or do I need to report under warranty for replacement?

Alex

1 hour ago, AlexDB said:

The handle above each door. When passengers grab it in panic you know you're having fun.

I think my passengers (those of a more nervous disposition), prefer to call it the ‘fear handle’ 😈 😁

35 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

I think my passengers (those of a more nervous disposition), prefer to call it the ‘fear handle’ 😈 😁

As long as you are having fun. 🙂

My fun handle has been failing for some years now...

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

I've had to get mine refurbed as it was quite worn... Hopefully with a bit of spit and polish it should come up a treat

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

On 17/09/2020 at 20:04, Booth11 said:

Many 4WDs came with a grab handle on the dash, and my fellow 4WD instructors and I often referred to it as "the Jesus bar"  for when a student driver executed a "spectacular" move that put the fear of God into us (not difficult with novices on steep rocky 4WD goat tracks).

To bring things back to "R" and fun related matters, yesterday I went around a roundabout rather quickly in our Octavia, and my missus promptly told me to "calm down", as the Octy doesn't feel as safe as the R when pushed on corners ( of course I interpreted that as permission to have even more fun in the future when driving the R 😃 )

10 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Many 4WDs came with a grab handle on the dash, and my fellow 4WD instructors and I often referred to it as "the Jesus bar"  for when a student driver executed a "spectacular" move that put the fear of God into us (not difficult with novices on steep rocky 4WD goat tracks).

Haha,  I bet the “Jesus bar” was well worn. 

10 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

To bring things back to "R" and fun related matters, yesterday I went around a roundabout rather quickly in our Octavia, and my missus promptly told me to "calm down", as the Octy doesn't feel as safe as the R when pushed on corners ( of course I interpreted that as permission to have even more fun in the future when driving the R 😃

Naturally. 😁