Deltabox

Air conditioning climate control

I have a 2018 golf and the climate control is absolutely shocking. I set a temperature on it and it seems to have a mind of its own and I’m constantly having to adjust it..

I had a couple of Audi’s and they were spot on and then I went to Vw but only a low end model and assumed it was down to the model but my R is just as bad.

Just wondering if I need to mention at the dealers as a warranty issue. It’s always been like it from new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Certainly doesn't seem to be working as it should, as it's under warranty definitely worth taking it in.

My 2019 is pretty good at maintaining temperature winter and summer, the fan seems to do it's own thing when it's really hot outside.

Mine blows cold air for a minute or so just after starting the engine, but as soon as the coolant warms up (which happens very quickly) it is fine, and I only change the temp if I feel like it (usually depending on how I'm dressed or if the sun is shining on me warming me up).

I had a pre-facelift 8V Audi A3 before my MK7 Golf R - i.e. same generation of VAG car - and they had equally good climate control.

Sounds like yours has a faulty sensor or something. There is an "AirCare" system in the Golf, if you go into like Car --> AirCare or somewhere in the menus, you'll see a graphic of the car and the air care "spreading" across it. Sometimes it says if the windows are down or something, it might give an error here...just clutching at straws :)

Not my car but from Google:

image.png.26b27d1c1741bfa4bcf55392232c7627.png

Ok thanks guys, mine doesn’t seem right. I’ll take it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a silly question but you do have the aircon button on?
I find without that on the temp does pretty much what you describe.
Just a thought before you make a trip to the dealer.

12 hours ago, DSarge said:

Yes, mine too very stable and effective. Generally spends its life at 21 except when really warm and I put it to 18. 

Same here

just occasionally hit the demise on really cold mornings

3 hours ago, Shug said:

Same here

just occasionally hit the demise on really cold mornings

Been impressed at how stable it keeps it, again I always leave the ac on and it in AUTO mode, never touch anything apart from the temp I want. OP is yous in AUTO mode??