DanTheManc's Lapiz Blue MK7.5 R (@dan_mk7.5r on Instagram)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I already posted this photo in the detailing thread but figured I may as well add it to my build post.   I had a good friend of mine (who is far more knowledgeable than me) give my car a goi

I honestly couldn't speak highly enough of the TVS TCU software. Gear changes are so much faster than before and also much smoother.   Racingline (and all of the others) use the standard VAG

Thanks Clarkie.   Yes Remus were fantastic.   Here's another photo from a recent visit to see Shak at LSG performance 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Clarkie48 said:

This shouldn’t hang about for long,although it a bad time of year to be selling.

Good luck with the sale.👍🏻

Cheers mate.

I agree it's not an ideal time to sell but I'm in no rush to sell it. Not everybody wants to buy a modified car either but I'd rather not strip it

• 2 weeks later...
Is it sold yet Dan?
No mate.

I've not properly advertised it yet. I've been offered £25kbfrom a couple of traders but I don't want to let it go for that.

I've bought a cheap run around today. Something to bat about in, so I can advertise the Golf properly now. I could not have a car.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Why are you moving the car on Dan?

Such a nice car …..how or what do you replace that with??

I nearly pulled trigger on a new RS3. I thought of buying it and going stage 1 but it will be years before they get into the ECU on that and with it being PCP I thought better of buying a £62k car that’s no faster than my stage 2 R.

Like you Ive invested such a lot of good quality parts and upgrades kept it pristine there’s little out there in budget that interests me.

6 minutes ago, Msportman said:

Why are you moving the car on Dan?

Such a nice car …..how or what do you replace that with??

I nearly pulled trigger on a new RS3. I thought of buying it and going stage 1 but it will be years before they get into the ECU on that and with it being PCP I thought better of buying a £62k car that’s no faster than my stage 2 R.

Like you Ive invested such a lot of good quality parts and upgrades kept it pristine there’s little out there in budget that interests me.

I very nearly ordered a new M240i xdrive. The one which has just been announced with the 3ltr B58 engine. I used to own a 3ltr M135i which I bought new in 2014. I spoke to the dealer who I bought that car from and he offered me a 7% discount on the M240i. The thing is they don't hit UK showrooms until March so I can't test drive or see one in the metal until mine would arrive. The more I look at them, the more I dislike the look of it. So I've decided against it until I can see one in a showroom.

The other car I'm interested in is the Mercedes A45s. The issue with those is used models in the current market are the same, or more expensive than buying one brand new due to the chip shortage. So I think if I were to buy one now I'd lose a lot of money on it once the chip shortage ends. Plus the new model A45s is due some time next year which would further hurt the residuals.

So at the moment I'm not sure what I'll be buying next to be honest.

4 hours ago, Raiden said:

I’d love to change mine but everything I want is too expensive emoji17.png

Had mine nearly 4 years and will probably keep it for another 2. Good luck with your search mate.

Up the reds!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, prices are silly at the moment. I probably won't buy anything until around March now. Unless something comes up thats too good to turn down. I rather not collect a new car only for it to be covered in road grime and salt everyday over winter. Keeping a car for 3 years is long for me. Just goes to show how good a car the Golf R is.

Come on you blues. Champions and top of the league 🤙🤙🤙

6 hours ago, DanTheManc said:

Yes, prices are silly at the moment. I probably won't buy anything until around March now. Unless something comes up thats too good to turn down. I rather not collect a new car only for it to be covered in road grime and salt everyday over winter. Keeping a car for 3 years is long for me. Just goes to show how good a car the Golf R is.

Come on you blues. Champions and top of the league 🤙🤙🤙

Im surprised I’ve kept my R this long but mods along the way have kept the urge at bay to changer the car . I bought as a cancelled order  in  June 2016. I like to use it for fun so the miles have now crept up to 43k.

Ill put the Ohlins on for this coming year then decide whether to keep it another 12 months until things settle.

Id rather sell the car fully loaded to an enthusiast and ask decent money or I’ll strip the parts of it and sell it here or Ebay.

Ordinarily I like to buy cars outright but the pricing of these new models means it’s silly blowing £55-62k on a new RS3 or similar. I know of other things of greater priority.

I suspect you’ll be able to order M240 with decent discount. I’ve dealt with Park Lane before and got a really decent discounts being ex services. Like wise I got a £6800 discount on the RS3 Vorsprung via Motor Affinity. Lower APR on the PCP as well. Maybe end of next year now or 2023. I expect A45S will be at sensible money by then. 👌