AndyR

Mk8 VW Golf R Reveal - 4 Nov

16 minutes ago, Dollyman said:

Just reading Philc22s post and realised it’s manual only so that’s no good for me with dodgy left leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah!   Scrap that then!  😄

1 hour ago, Chris7.5R said:

I can't find anything I like about the MK8, but here's a real killer: pick up a mug of coffee and then open the bonnet without putting it down or spilling any. I can't remember far enough back in time to a car that needed a dangly bit of metal to prop the bonnet open. Probably to some crap company car 30+ years ago. Cheap, or what?

1 hour ago, gregozedobe said:

VAG have been doing it a bit more recently than 30+ years ago:  Both my 2006 T5 and 2008 vRS have manual bonnet stays.  Doesn't worry me too much either way.

it’s interesting that the new Skoda Octavia - which I’m assuming sits below VW in ‘premium’ hierarchy within VAG - has two gas bonnet struts whereas the mk8 Golf has none. 

29 minutes ago, R_wannabe_owner said:

it’s interesting that the new Skoda Octavia - which I’m assuming sits below VW in ‘premium’ hierarchy within VAG - has two gas bonnet struts whereas the mk8 Golf has none. 

Two!!!!     Well that is where the Golf’s missing gas struts have gone then.

Skoda bought up the supply 🤣🤣🤣

It's the old "sell the sizzle, not the sausage" idea. If you're going to ask for what will be a lot of cash for a reasonably upper-mid market car, then try to make the buyers feel good about it and themselves. If it's just a bunch of penny-pinching ideas that you hope will not be noticed, you deserve to be found out. When I got into the back of my new 7.5R and found the complete absence of lighting, except for the feeble reading lights, I felt cheated, and slightly regretted having to abandon BMWs after 22 years. If you only care about 0-60 and farts you may think otherwise, but not me.

The new A3 has gone down the same route with the 2nd class rear cabin, no soft touch door tops etc, something BMW haven’t done with the latest 1 series.  Just a shame that looks so poor.....

It all depends on what you want the car for and what you’re used to and this forum makes it clearer than any other I’ve ever been, despite most of us having broadly the same car, our tastes and priorities vary wildly!   My requirements for a second car are also very different from the main family vehicle, that had to have pretty much everything covered in leather, ventilated seats, electric rear seats etc etc etc.   So I may be able to live with a MK8 R as a replacement for the 7.5 if it’s great to drive but comfortable when I want it to be, but to be honest, the front will have to look better than the GTI.

Yes, yes I know the Yaris is an old gits car, I even had one to get back driving after my stroke, but this could be a bundle of fun.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/gr-yaris/build?path=summary/50c3964d-693e-494e-8bd4-abcc5ef12acd/9b00e6b0-94a8-4dcb-98ed-b9fbbe5f334a&c=3c596520-c213-410a-b136-d62cc1acf11d&u=f0784e31-d53f-4f7e-b42d-f70b362ae14f&financeOption=monthly

It's a 3 door as well

Runs for cover with tin hat.

Three cylinders and 1600 though. I think it’ll run out of puff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Meercat said:

Title is wrong, its not the MK 8 R32 clearly, nice shots of the rear, but annoying its on a loop for engine revs

Very gimmicky 

Don’t like the scaling back on quality of interior and those nasty wheels!

Id certainly not have the badge on the rear in the middle. Looks awful IMO

Be keeping my 7 till 8.5 at this rate.

YouTube Channel on Volkswagen R 

The Countdown clock is ticking..

Golf R Reveal is 8am GMT (9am CET) on Wednesday 4th Nov

32907C30-4A18-4D61-A999-9A3243DC533C.jpeg

Edited by AndyR