elliottsmith

Fault codes

Hi,

Purchased my Golf R about 3 weeks ago however I have these persistent fault codes which come back immediately after resetting them. Anyone any idea what they are/if they are both related as I can see both are related to the alarm/locking system. Anyway to test if my alarm is working?

Car is a 16 reg manual Golf R. 

Thanks

A4F63A7E-6B35-4341-8FFB-59D9D812A9A7.png

9B2619EE-059E-4E6C-AB3F-DBD0F14B244D.png

Hi, thanks for the response!

That’s strange because as far as I can see it is just the standard head unit that comes with the car. It works fine however. Here’s some photos of it, not sure if you can tell from this if it’s been replaced. Thanks 

7B5F15DC-80FD-4F2C-8BEA-98A42EC84B1B.jpeg

75B80EE0-E059-427D-A097-DD468A7057F6.jpeg

This headunit doesn’t have satnav so it wasnt replaced. Also after replacement you may have CP fault in 5F but also in 19. He doesn’t have it

As Dave said - get something better and scan it with better tools. Vcds would be ideal but. OBDeleven also gives you more details

50 minutes ago, alexretro said:

This headunit doesn’t have satnav so it wasnt replaced. Also after replacement you may have CP fault in 5F but also in 19. He doesn’t have it

As Dave said - get something better and scan it with better tools. Vcds would be ideal but. OBDeleven also gives you more details

Thanks, does it have to be one of those 2? I have no desire for any coding or anything so seems a little pointless to pay for OBDEleven or VCDS just to check these fault codes. 

is there a free/cheaper software package that would provide sufficient information? I wouldn’t have purchased Carista if I knew it would provide such limited information! 

1 hour ago, elliottsmith said:

Thanks, does it have to be one of those 2? I have no desire for any coding or anything so seems a little pointless to pay for OBDEleven or VCDS just to check these fault codes. 

is there a free/cheaper software package that would provide sufficient information? I wouldn’t have purchased Carista if I knew it would provide such limited information! 

Really only 2 options is VCDS or OBD11 for fault code diagnoses with the former being the best, maybe if you pop your location up here or on either of the VCDS/OBD11 threads there maybe a member who could scan the car for you. As for checking if the alarm works set it then either sit in the vehicle and see if it detects movement’s or try jacking the car up to see if the tilt & motion sensor triggers the alarm.