SpursMadDave

So long and thanks for all the help

Well after just over 10k posts in a couple of years and the odd Moderation to both of the Rs that I have owned, its time to say goodbye 😁

Earlier this year I took a break from here just lurking around but was tempted back due to a small influx of members that were interested in modding and shared a similar outlook which was refreshing. Now though it seems to be little more than a detailing forum in the main, probably due to the only moderator writing essays, anytime anyone asks anything detailing orientated 🤣

A forum of this size and popularity needs a few moderators with different outlooks to share the work imo, the recent Joke thread stuff being a prime example, totally unmoderated. The personal stuff aimed at me just for having an opinion on that and other car related stuff was disappointing but not unexpected, I've only ever spoken from experience on here and its mostly been fun but not lately. 

It's a shame also that there are no meets ups planned on here, ok lately it would have been difficult but its an area that would have certainly interested me more, I've made lifelong friends on other forums before and have hopefully made a few on here despite the lack of organised meets, I've met more than a few that have bravely allowed me to rip off various bit of trim to fit stuff at my place 🤣

Anyway, thanks to anyone that's ever helped me out with anything and hopefully I have helped a few along the way, anyone that wants to keep in touch feel free to PM, I will check back in a while and answer any messages and leave contact info 👍

The mods certainly aren't stopping with a new sound system going in starting today and some interior changes planned in the new year, I can see myself keeping the R for a year or 2 yet as not bored with the car yet that's for sure 😁

Come On You Spurs 👍

3 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Well after just over 10k posts in a couple of years and the odd Moderation to both of the Rs that I have owned, its time to say goodbye 😁

Earlier this year I took a break from here just lurking around but was tempted back due to a small influx of members that were interested in modding and shared a similar outlook which was refreshing. Now though it seems to be little more than a detailing forum in the main, probably due to the only moderator writing essays, anytime anyone asks anything detailing orientated 🤣

A forum of this size and popularity needs a few moderators with different outlooks to share the work imo, the recent Joke thread stuff being a prime example, totally unmoderated. The personal stuff aimed at me just for having an opinion on that and other car related stuff was disappointing but not unexpected, I've only ever spoken from experience on here and its mostly been fun but not lately. 

It's a shame also that there are no meets ups planned on here, ok lately it would have been difficult but its an area that would have certainly interested me more, I've made lifelong friends on other forums before and have hopefully made a few on here despite the lack of organised meets, I've met more than a few that have bravely allowed me to rip off various bit of trim to fit stuff at my place 🤣

Anyway, thanks to anyone that's ever helped me out with anything and hopefully I have helped a few along the way, anyone that wants to keep in touch feel free to PM, I will check back in a while and answer any messages and leave contact info 👍

The mods certainly aren't stopping with a new sound system going in starting today and some interior changes planned in the new year, I can see myself keeping the R for a year or 2 yet as not bored with the car yet that's for sure 😁

Come On You Spurs 👍

Sorry to see you leave the forum Dave....:(...I'm one of your biggest fans....I appreciated your help, knowledge, experience and humour....Take care...but I still hope Man United finish above Spurs in the table...:lol:

Don't go Dave - who's going to give me inspiration to spend my money on?!

Not quite sure what's going on with the joke thread - the racist stuff was removed and haven't seen anything else since other than a couple of whining posts. Maybe I missed something.

Anyway, I'm a relatively new member, but it does seem to be quiet here lately - you are one of the few who I follow to see what you're doing next!

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

This is bad news for me Dave.  Sad, as you are a great source of trusted info, tips and guidance - from experience- about an R and related mods and upgrades. A balance, and often a reference point.
I’ve been doubled up with some of the jokes too on here. 
Synonymous with Helix, Cades Bern,  White 3dr DSG Mk7,  Appropriate Brake upgrades, and ofcourse retro fit Wingbacks!   Nothing will be the same.  But wherever you go and whatever you do you’re sure to be a help and support, and a Good laugh too.  A proper Guy. Will take up the PM option.  
Stay well& safe. Stay upbeat & sharp. 🙏

Sorry to see you go mate.. I have always enjoyed reading your posts, and how your comments on other threads help to keep it real. thanks for your advice with my brake cooling ducts; I can certainly feel the extra 10bhp

You will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't let some numpties on this site mean you have to leave, I mean thats just letting them win right? I was always taught if someone punches you, you punch them twice as hard (if possible - not with my weak arms tho!) 😁 I gues its the bust up with Theblondefella and fukmeitsdamo but that is only a assumption.

Well thats this forum slowly going down the tubes then, we need owners like yorself who have the knowledge of the r, otherwise we end up with the same questions a million and one times, meets are a bit difficult to do right now, i'm right now in isolation due to my postcode for example, but I think the golf owners are a bit more reserved.

I don't know whats gone on - or what has upset you - and I appreciate you can't really say much - but there have been a few keyboard warriors around, I guess people are just bored, and can only do there thing through a forum right now.

This is such a shame that you feel like this Dave, but I can agree with most of what you’ve said in your initial post ! It seems like these days you’re not allowed an opinion on something unless it agrees with the majority - PC stuff has gone crazy and lots of people daren’t express their true opinion for fear of the outpouring of abuse that could ensue ! I like your straight talking and honest posts, please don’t let this forum lose them

Forum's been going down the pan for a while now, with frankly Dave keeping it going; and I've been around since 2013. Dave's an over 6ft 3 lad and I'm a 5 foot 10 17.5 stone power lifter. Bet the keyboard warrior member (sadly supported by a rotten forum element) would not call either of us fuckwits or idiots to our face. Go look in the joke thread. This is one of many reasons why you have lost Dave (and me for the little it is worth). I properly whistle-blew the forum for what it was and snide remarks remained unmoderated following this. I want nothing further to do with this forum. It may be possible to set up a WhatsApp group for suitable people who contact Dave. This forum has a nasty undercurrent and life is too short to be a part of it.

Forum's been going down the pan for a while now, with frankly Dave keeping it going; and I've been around since 2013. Dave's an over 6ft 3 lad and I'm a 5 foot 10 17.5 stone power lifter. Bet the keyboard warrior member (sadly supported by a rotten forum element) would not call either of us fuckwits or idiots to our face. Go look in the joke thread. This is one of many reasons why you have lost Dave (and me for the little it is worth). I properly whistle-blew the forum for what it was and snide remarks remained unmoderated following this. I want nothing further to do with this forum. It may be possible to set up a WhatsApp group for suitable people who contact Dave.

And a WhatsApp group for Damo’s jokes too Bob !

22 minutes ago, Bob said:

Forum's been going down the pan for a while now, with frankly Dave keeping it going; and I've been around since 2013. Dave's an over 6ft 3 lad and I'm a 5 foot 10 17.5 stone power lifter. Bet the keyboard warrior member (sadly supported by a rotten forum element) would not call either of us fuckwits or idiots to our face. Go look in the joke thread. This is one of many reasons why you have lost Dave (and me for the little it is worth). I properly whistle-blew the forum for what it was and snide remarks remained unmoderated following this. I want nothing further to do with this forum. It may be possible to set up a WhatsApp group for suitable people who contact Dave. This forum has a nasty undercurrent and life is too short to be a part of it.

It seems to me to be a small minority but appears to be left to make it's shitty comments and attacks to certain members.........

6 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Come On You Spurs 👍

I for one won't miss your "I'm always right comments' as "I've owned 2 R's" and the fact that you felt the need to post on 99% of every post on the forum.

Almost 10K posts but only half of them 'liked' perhaps your posts weren't as appreciated as such as you thought?!? 🙃

34 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think its quite childish to say; "Forum's been going down the pan for a while now, with frankly Dave keeping it going" .

This is generally a great forum and if you think that one person has been keeping it going, maybe you two should start your own forum and see how that goes for you.

Seeing as we're going for a "size off". I'm 6ft 4, 16.5 stone and was once the UK EKKA champion (for my category) .... even though that was almost 30 years ago I've still kept training. 🤡  From my experience however, I know that size doesn't always matter so I' not sure what point you're trying to make. 🤔

I also won't type anything that I wouldn't be prepared to say face to face.

I hope you both enjoy your room together. 

I think its quite childish to say; "Forum's been going down the pan for a while now, with frankly Dave keeping it going" .
This is generally a great forum and if you think that one person has been keeping it going, maybe you two should start your own forum and see how that goes for you.
Seeing as we're going for a "size off". I'm 6ft 4, 16.5 stone and was once the UK EKKA champion (for my category) .... even though that was almost 30 years ago I've still kept training.   From my experience however, I know that size doesn't always matter so I' not sure what point you're trying to make.
I also won't type anything that I wouldn't be prepared to say face to face.
I hope you both enjoy your room together. 
This is from pistonheads. Nasty bloke.

More to come.b1e986035ee7e58dd848a1eb0572880e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

This is from pistonheads. Nasty bloke.

More to come.b1e986035ee7e58dd848a1eb0572880e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ah. I see you found a reply to my 2013 re-post on a 'funny image' thread on Piston Heads where I shared a guy juggling kittens after the OP got it removed,  I reposted it and then he went on a rant.  Good Job fella ... Gad to see I've got you annoyed enough to do some work.

The OP in this case often responded to post with 'you're banned' so I Pm'd him. 😀

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 09.57.18.png