NRW

Petrol Prices. Unleaded vs Premium

Just noticed the local difference. 
Cheapest £1.11 per Litre. 
Superunleaded £1.39. 
Yikes. more than £15 00 on a tank in these harsh times 

Still VPower for me tho,  but I do few miles  😀

Biggest difference I came across at the same garage was a Shell 10 miles from me.... 116.9p for 95Ron & 139.9p for 99Ron. I thought that taking the p*** a bit not least as Tesco 99Ron is 7p a litre more expensive. 

Funny that people will look at a £3 bottle of wine in a 0.75 litre bottle and say I'm not buying that crap, then spend another £3-10 (or more) on something they deem to be palatable and don't give it a second thought.  Yet when 99 RON costs a few pennies more than 95/97RON,  we're ready to start a petition and march on Westminster 😂

4 minutes ago, Dollyman said:

Anybody come across the new Esso 99 yet? How much?

Oh nice Esso is the cloest garage to me, I will check next time I go to refuel.

I fill with momentum when convenient, but don’t go out of my way to get it. Consequently the tank is probably 50/50 of 95/99ron most of the time. Does that make it 97ron?? I very rarely let the tank get below half full.

I honestly can’t tell the difference between my half and half and a full tank of 99ron, but it does seem torun a little smoother than on just95 but this may be wishful thinking 

I don’t really take notice of the prices, just fill up at the local shell garage and the cost is what it is. It’s also about 20 miles to the nearest Tesco for Momentum so that’s not really feasible.

Another plus is the Shell Go app and being able to pay for the fuel without needing to touch the pump and a keypad or go into the shop. A full VAT receipt is emailed to you and kept on file. Simples.

12 hours ago, 75Type2 said:

I don’t really take notice of the prices, just fill up at the local shell garage and the cost is what it is. It’s also about 20 miles to the nearest Tesco for Momentum so that’s not really feasible.

Another plus is the Shell Go app and being able to pay for the fuel without needing to touch the pump and a keypad or go into the shop. A full VAT receipt is emailed to you and kept on file. Simples.

I just fill up. It is what it is..

love the Shell Go app, generally makes it quicker and got some really strange looks from some chav lads in a lowered Corsa last week when I filled up on the app and just drove off. Pretty sure they thought I’d nicked the petrol 😀

only problem with the app you can’t used the money off vouchers it sends you on the app if you pay at the pump, you have to waste time and go into the shop and queue with all the muppets wanting bread, milk, cakes and strange multi use tools for £4.99 that no one ever needs

1 hour ago, Shug said:

I just fill up. It is what it is..

love the Shell Go app, generally makes it quicker and got some really strange looks from some chav lads in a lowered Corsa last week when I filled up on the app and just drove off. Pretty sure they thought I’d nicked the petrol 😀

only problem with the app you can’t used the money off vouchers it sends you on the app if you pay at the pump, you have to waste time and go into the shop and queue with all the muppets wanting bread, milk, cakes and strange multi use tools for £4.99 that no one ever needs

I believe Shell have now updated the app and that you can now redeem the vouchers once you've selected the pump number.  That was my experience on Sunday, until the app gave an error code and told me I needed to pay at the kiosk.