Cheeks50

LV notice of Golf R thefts and premium hike

So I have had my quote in from LV - an increase of 85 quid. -

No claims in the last year, and live in TW12 postcode for reference.

Just logged into my  comparison search website as all details still held and update automatically year on year-

will be saving myself 180 quid this year on my renewal going elsewhere..... 

(53yr old - with 13yr Protected NCB)

At the moment struggling to find a quote under £700 with £600 excesses.

Last year £245 no change to circumstances other than I am a year older. 20yrs+ NC, no accidents, no points.

Has the R become uninsurable?

16 minutes ago, TechieAli said:

Ok so Admiral or Churchhill have it £350 ish

That’s a helluva jump in premium, must be post code related.  Tried Direct Line? - not on the sites, but a good company and competitive but Not the cheapest. Although they are same group as Churchill.

(they give added  discounts for other policies with them ..). Worth a try?😀

On 06/11/2020 at 17:45, NRW said:

That’s a helluva jump in premium, must be post code related.  Tried Direct Line? - not on the sites, but a good company and competitive but Not the cheapest. Although they are same group as Churchill.

(they give added  discounts for other policies with them ..). Worth a try?😀

Direct line £815, not really sure what’s going on. Usually quotes are around the £300 mark so not sure where all the sudden £7-800 ones are coming from.

I was looking for quotes this week. 

LV actually came up near top of the list for renewal cost on comparison sites.  However, i did have a large speeding indiscretion a year back. uggh hmm 

Excesses were quite high though. I used to pay 350 total but some were 500-800 total.

Oddly ended up with FordInsure (under admiral) last year and after a casual chat this year they dropped the price below LV and the excess to 300 (from 350).   Think it was £500 with all bells and whistles. Could be worse.  Not sure if speeding pushed up excesses or a general rise due to thefts etc.   A lot of the companies i used to use seem to have dropped off the comparison list.