LV notice of Golf R thefts and premium hike

They are taking the P

Motor claims were significantly down last year due to less cars on the road and way less milage for most motorists

Just use a comparison site and switch

Note that a lot of posts are showing 12 - 20 yrs ncb. Most insurers only credit around 10 regardless

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, they same happened to me, regards leaving it a while to renew according to a The Martin Lewis show I saw a while back the best time to renew is between 21 and 28 days before expiry. As we bo

Can't imagine there are many cars stolen in Orkney!

Reduced the mileage on both cars and removed the business use on the GTI; £110 reduction on the policy (for both cars).   £440 - mk7 R £420 - mk7.5 GTI   R has wheels declared (pret reps) and a JB4 GT

• 1 month later...

When I bought a Golf R last year, I had a multicar policy with LV. They quoted £1,601 just for the Golf, which is absolutely crazy for a 50 year old driver, so they also lost my business for the other two cars.

Admiral was £616 for the Golf, which was significantly better than I was seeing on comparison websites.

Having now made claims with both LV and Admiral for the other cars, I can recommend both companies for making the claims process straightforward.

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Laths said:

Tried a quote with LV and it came back we no longer insure this type of car . This was May 2022. 

Strange, I have just gone through their on line quote system and got a quote of £311. Perhaps it depends on the location and/or other risk factors?

edit: to put that in context, 60 ish male no convictions, 9yrs+ NCB, on street parking, rural West Midlands, 10000 miles per year.

On 13/05/2022 at 00:55, Laths said:

Tried a quote with LV and it came back we no longer insure this type of car . This was May 2022. 

I’v been insured with LV via a broker (Chris Knott) for the last 3yrs & I’m unable to get a quote direct via their website. 🤷‍♂️

Been insured with them for the past 2 years, no problems renewing.  In fact the premium went down by a reasonable amount. I’m 50’s rural and on street parking 9years + Ncd , clean licence.

Might be something to do with location perhaps..?

Picked my car up 30th April this year and been insured with LV for last 8 years and they were more than happy to quote and insure on a MK 7.5 Golf R although the premium went up a little from my previous car,

Renewal in August so i will wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

I am with hasting (gold standard I think, got breakdown etc all included).

My renewal £407, I did a quote direct on Hastings website - £945! Exactly the same details.

Admiral are £426 for me, with £600 excess.

I've just had a quick look as the insurance on the R is due next month.   It's with LV and they are still quoting via the comparison site, £450 with a £400 excess vs £579 last year.  The best quote is £430 with 'Flow' which are part of LV.

Admiral was £530 with a £350 excess.