Jump to content
Crazytaf

Recommend a pedalbox

Recommended Posts

I got the Racechip XLR from Shak. Racechip do shitty tuning boxes, but great pedal boxes. I wouldn't bother with the Bluetooth though, it's a bit pointless...

It's nice because it has an LCD screen telling you what setting it's at rather than some led light..

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only used the one brand of pedal box but had a DTUK one on my car for nearly five years and wouldn’t be without it, been solid and not missed a beat.  Mine is an older style one superseded now by newer versions with plenty of customisation (settings) and option to use with a mobile app.  Definitely recommend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Only used the one brand of pedal box but had a DTUK one on my car for nearly five years and wouldn’t be without it, been solid and not missed a beat.  Mine is an older style one superseded now by newer versions with plenty of customisation (settings) and option to use with a mobile app.  Definitely recommend. 
2nd that, I was late to the DTUK pedal box as thought what difference can it really make, amazing difference I found out was disappointed that I had lived with the crazy throttle lag for so long, didnt think there was a lag as had become so used to it, only downside now is if I turn box off I actually hate the car

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Leespo said:

2nd that, I was late to the DTUK pedal box as thought what difference can it really make, amazing difference I found out was disappointed that I had lived with the crazy throttle lag for so long, didnt think there was a lag as had become so used to it, only downside now is if I turn box off I actually hate the car

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 


I’ve noticed the lag, as the sure if it was the induction system though, trying hard not to modify so to keep the warranty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve noticed the lag, as the sure if it was the induction system though, trying hard not to modify so to keep the warranty
it makes a massive difference lots on that remove for warranty work and as it's not performance I doubt they would ever be able to tell as long as you remove, 10 minute job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any mod is a risk regards warranty but I think a pedal box is pretty low risk in reality.  I must confess my car has been in twice for warranty work (battery, and coolant leak) and I duvet bother removing the pedal box, just switched it off.  Dane when it goes in for service. Touch wood, never had a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt7R said:

I got the Racechip XLR from Shak. Racechip do shitty tuning boxes, but great pedal boxes. I wouldn't bother with the Bluetooth though, it's a bit pointless...

It's nice because it has an LCD screen telling you what setting it's at rather than some led light..

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------
 


I have this but went with the Bluetooth version as I didn’t want a dial stuck on my dash.When it’s first installed it feels like car has had a remap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this but went with the Bluetooth version as I didn’t want a dial stuck on my dash.When it’s first installed it feels like car has had a remap.
I've got the Bluetooth one too, just never connected it up. I assume all the app does it let you control the sensitivity by your mobile instead of the switches? Seems pointless to me...

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a DTUK pedal box and it’s great.  No issues whatsoever and I’d recommend it. 
 

Car feels almost “diesel like” in its power delivery as it feels like it’s got more low down torque. Of course it hasn’t at all as it does not increase power or torque whatsoever. But that’s just how it feels.

 

throughly recommended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Crazytaf said:

Evening all, I’m thinking I need a pedalbox, is there much difference between the offerings ? Anyone care to recommend one ?

I can highly recommend the DTE Pedal Box from Germany...Awesome bit of kit...Love it...:afro:

 

Pedal Remap - PedalBox: increases throttle response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So obviously it’s breaks into the pedal wiring via the two connector plugs, where are you lovely peeps hiding the buttoned fob ? 
 

wondering if the Bluetoothery is worth it, once I’ve found the right setting that’s it (except as Bec says, off for service visits etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Crazytaf said:

So obviously it’s breaks into the pedal wiring via the two connector plugs, where are you lovely peeps hiding the buttoned fob ? 
 

wondering if the Bluetoothery is worth it, once I’ve found the right setting that’s it (except as Bec says, off for service visits etc)


I think the majority keep the button control in the driver’s side cubby storage. That’s where I keep mine and just wrap it in a cloth to stop it rattling around and it also hides it at service time. There’s plenty of space for the cable to route over the back of the cubby drawer.  And when fitting it you can remove the cubby drawer for easy access to install, or you can remove the trim plate (either way works).  This might be useful Ricky. 

 


If I was buying a new one joe I’d probably go for the Bluetooth unit just for the hell of it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Booth11 said:


I think the majority keep the button control in the driver’s side cubby storage. That’s where I keep mine and just wrap it in a cloth to stop it rattling around and it also hides it at service time. There’s plenty of space for the cable to route over the back of the cubby drawer.  And when fitting it you can remove the cubby drawer for easy access to install, or you can remove the trim plate (either way works).  This might be useful Ricky. 

 


If I was buying a new one joe I’d probably go for the Bluetooth unit just for the hell of it! 


just bought the Bluetooth one from DTUK, there was a 10% discount code on their website hitch convinced me to go for the Bluetooth version.

 

it looks the same as the DTE version, not entirely sure it is the same one though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crazytaf said:


just bought the Bluetooth one from DTUK, there was a 10% discount code on their website hitch convinced me to go for the Bluetooth version.

 

it looks the same as the DTE version, not entirely sure it is the same one though


Great buy!  
 

It is the same as the DTE one, DTUK is the UK partner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...