DB9

MK8 R 330PS and Drift Mode

Looks promising. I am considering new S3 but this could be a game changer for when my 7.5R goes back in March.

I know it is officially being released early November but do we know when we will be able to order one? Need a new car for March

Thanks

Where the heck has he got a Mk 8 R owners manual from, the car hasn't even been launched yet, let alone any out on the road! lol

Having said that, I think we may well see car reviews from the big websites on the R very soon after its launch. There has been quite a few cars that have launched and only days later there are reviews on Youtube. It depends how quick VW are letting journos have them.

4 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Where the heck has he got a Mk 8 R owners manual from, the car hasn't even been launched yet, let alone any out on the road! lol

Having said that, I think we may well see car reviews from the big websites on the R very soon after its launch. There has been quite a few cars that have launched and only days later there are reviews on Youtube. It depends how quick VW are letting journos have them.

Carwow and Autogefuel are usually quick..😀

36 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

These details seem to have been included in the owners manual for the new GTI.

Exactly. Is 330 bhp (if true) enough to save it? I fear not.

Yup. For me, 328 BHP plus drift mode isn’t really a game changer - can I use drift mode on the road? Probably not. The power isn’t enough to make me want one and the stupid menu system just to change heating and ventilation is pointless and dangerous. I just want some nice dials/knobs. The lack of dials etc just makes the interior more bland. Then there’s the price that VW will want to charge for blandness and very little power upgrades along with no choice of doors or gearbox. I would like to be proved wrong and would happily take a test drive but this is going to be VW’s flagship Golf and it just appears to be very little effort for overpriced blandness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well an extra 20bhp over the 7.5 is good, I wonder how well the lump will tune? The trick diff at the back could really make it a better performance car if it works well.... or loads will crash trying to drift into maccy D's.....

7 hours ago, Dollyman said:

More of the spec page.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 15.35.28.png

So....

235KW = 315bhp

245KW = 328bhp

Given we've not yet seen a 315bhp Golf yet this would imply there could be 2 flavours of the Golf R. And the latter one no doubt priced considerably more for a measly 13bhp? Who knows...........🤔