Sign in to follow this  
elliottsmith

Gearstick buttons

Hi,

I purchased a used 16 reg Golf R a month ago, on purchase the buttons around the gearstick were like this. 

Does anyone know why the top right button is like this? I didn’t like the look of the buttons like this so I ordered the part and replaced it for the normal flat buttons. 

On removing it, it seems as though there may have been some wires attached to it. Could this be a ground or something? There’s 2 small microphones on the inside of the vehicle next to the front windscreen, one on the passenger side and one on drivers side. In addition there is a small black box wired on the dash on the passenger side, what looks like a GPS antenna or something. 

I am wondering if what I removed was potentially the ground for a Bluetooth kit or something?

Thanks

0FD049A1-3668-4D1B-BDD6-93285198E3AC.jpeg

It looks like some one has added an after market accessory, like as you have said a bluetooth kit. 

Atleast they had the commonsense to use a blank button instead if hacking in to the dash 😉

6 hours ago, Pete_R said:

It looks like some one has added an after market accessory, like as you have said a bluetooth kit. 

Atleast they had the commonsense to use a blank button instead if hacking in to the dash 😉

Thanks for the response. Think I may have accidentally torn the wires out of it when I replaced it lol, although I don’t really have a use for it anyway