Sign in to follow this  
AJP

Big Brakes... slimline?

I’m going round in circles trying to decide on a decent brake setup. The standard brakes are not cutting it. Budget is around 2k. 

One thing I really don’t want to overlook is clearance - I want my wheels (BBS CH-R 19x8.5 et48) to clear the calipers without having to use wheel spacers if at all possible. Trouble is, it’s really difficult to work out which options I should forget, and which are viable, when most posts around the internet go something like “I’ve got the 4 pot VBT/AP/Alcon kit, they’re great”.

I need a bit more info please! 😁

If anyone can offer some detailed info regarding the BBK they’re running on their mk6 R, and which wheels (obviously including wheel width and offset) it’d be a good start. 

Cheers 👍🏻

I’m running the same wheels as you along with he Forge 6pots on the front and 4 pots on the rear with out spacers 

The fronts come in 2 disc sizes you will want the bigger discs 

I run Tarox 6 pots on one of my TTs they are a very slim caliper might also be worth a look

E879C700-BEEF-45AA-AC95-E8BBF10E85C5.jpeg

462CC020-9AFF-4D47-9CF3-2C9038BDD758.jpeg

Cheers Andy. 

Yep, the Forge kit is on the shortlist. If the Tarox kit is in budget I might have a look at that as well. Have you got a link?

I seem to remember an old member and mk6 owner on here, Huwgo R, had these same wheels with 8 pot R8/Lambo brakes. That’d also be an option if he didn’t need spacers, and assuming the mk6 R master cylinder is ok with them. 

I’m dropping the car at Statller for revised software on Tuesday, and I’m pretty sure Steve’s RS engine mk6 has got those 8 pots. Can’t remember what wheels he’s running, but I’ll see what the crack is in terms of clearance while I’m there. 

The latest Racingline 4 pot kit sounds ok, and is definitely a decent price, but I don’t know just how good the one-piece disc is. 

D02965D9-2924-49BE-A883-0A146930257C.jpeg.5d660f89068d2def3fea9fdd5419dcd1.jpeg

After a bit of research, I think I’m swaying towards the Vagbremtechnic TTRS/DB9 4 pot kit with 362mm AP discs. 

Does anyone have any experience with this setup in terms of wheel clearance?