bigearmuffs

Headlight range

I've always thought the Golf R headlight range was too short, I've had my Golf R (2014) from new and have recently bought a new VCDS, mainly for service lights, fault codes etc as I now maintain the car rather than a garage and will most likely continue to do so. As I was looking through VCDS I suddenly thought I could cure my headlight throw problem, however from initial research and a quick look around VCDS this looks like the most confusing thing in the world, youtube videos don't seem to help as they don't look to be using the most recent version of VCDS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

57 minutes ago, bigearmuffs said:

I've always thought the Golf R headlight range was too short, I've had my Golf R (2014) from new and have recently bought a new VCDS, mainly for service lights, fault codes etc as I now maintain the car rather than a garage and will most likely continue to do so. As I was looking through VCDS I suddenly thought I could cure my headlight throw problem, however from initial research and a quick look around VCDS this looks like the most confusing thing in the world, youtube videos don't seem to help as they don't look to be using the most recent version of VCDS.

Im sure there's an adjustment screw for L and  R.  Defo seen an article on here.  Raises or lowers them.  Im sure owners complain too low from factory,

8 minutes ago, Richard_Nottm said:

Im sure there's an adjustment screw for L and  R.  Defo seen an article on here.  Raises or lowers them.  Im sure owners complain too low from factory,

Yes there’s physical adjustment that can be done.  Pics are unfortunately hard to see now but here’s a guide that many follow for a mk7.  

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276375.0

It’s a bit different for a7.5 and there’s a guide in our own how to section for that. 

Not sure this is of any help @bigearmuffs as not really what you were asking. 

1 hour ago, bigearmuffs said:

@bigearmuffs: Hi. Why do you believe that the Golf R has a throw problem? Does the car have any errors on the auto-scan?

I assume that we are dealing with HID lamps - if so, you could try resetting the car's understanding of level-ground  - see the procedure below.

Headlight - basic setting

Don

woohoo, done, I don't know if anyone can beat it but that is a job I have been saying needs to be done for 6 years, and it only took 5 mins. I have no idea why I didn't look before but on the headlight is two allen key adjusters per light, one does direction and the other does height. So turn to raise or lower. Simply parked the car up with the lights on and wound them up until the desired height was reached.

It is spot on now. Thanks all.