Martdy

UK Price is ....

1 hour ago, Martdy said:

According to coast to coast cars the starting price is £39270   R 2.0 Tsi 320  . Already offering 10% off ( £35310 )

No options listed yet though

Might just be able to add a few options and keep it under the luxury tax

Good find!   Just had a look.  The C2C website seems to shows all the mk8 performance Golfs (GTE, GTD, GTI, Clubsport, R) with the standard GTI (5dr DSG) price as per the UK Configurator.  If that turns out to be the confirmed base price for the R, it’s pretty much what I was expecting - to be priced just under 40k. 

Nothing on DtD as yet. 

2 hours ago, Dollyman said:

Nearly £1K more than new S3.    

I believe you can deduct OTR costs when calculating £40K threshold for increased VED.

Just the first year VED, the delivery charge and plates are included in the £40k calculation 

Wow, so I guess the estate will be over 40K base price... with a few options I bet you're looking at around 44K? Now I know you can get good discounts but that's still going to be around the 37/38K mark. Big chunk of change.

So £39,270 less £870 VED = £38,400 

So that gives you £1600 for options

Lapiz Blue - probably £755  (in line with Kings Red)

DCC - £785 as per GTI etc

Heated Seats - £270

Head Up Display - £625

And we haven't even got into 19" Estoril alloy wheels

Oh dear...…. think we have blown the £40K threshold..... well the Chancellor needs that extra tax income so we should all bit the bullet and spec the R up and help out the country by paying the extra tax :thumbsup: Not!!

Think I will be looking at Clubsport…..or forget new VW Golfs and look at alternatives instead.

Can't wait for configurator to be up so we can see what we get if we max out the options (Leather, Performance pack and Akra exhaust anyone?)

We need to wait and see what the base spec actually is? VW UK 'may' be starting with quite a good spec, but I doubt it,

Scary thing is starting price will be for a manual car 

The German site has 19' wheels, spoiler, drift rear diff and upped speed limiter? as a pack but still without DCC?, maybe we'll get the spoiler kit within the base price?

I specced a car on the German site to 58k euro, and that was without leather (which id pay NOT to have actually)

5 minutes ago, AndyR said:

So £39,270 less £870 VED = £38,400 

So that gives you £1600 for options

Lapiz Blue - probably £755  (in line with Kings Red)

DCC - £785 as per GTI etc

Heated Seats - £270

Head Up Display - £625

And we haven't even got into 19" Estoril alloy wheels

Oh dear...…. think we have blown the £40K threshold..... well the Chancellor needs that extra tax income so we should all bit the bullet and spec the R up and help out the country by paying the extra tax :thumbsup: Not!!

Think I will be looking at Clubsport…..or forget new VW Golfs and look at alternatives instead.

Can't wait for configurator to be up so we can see what we get if we max out the options (Leather, Performance pack and Akra exhaust anyone?)

You might not have to worry about DCC as the Evo review (see below) states that adaptive dampers are standard. Still, if you spend more than about £1600 on other bits and pieces (that nice looking rear roof spoiler is part of the performance pack!) then you will have effectively spent an additional £1625 (£325x5) if you keep the car for 6 years. 

It is interesting to note that the standard suspension setup on the new S3 is passive (albeit very good apparently), with adaptive dampers / mag ride being reserved for the top-of-the-range (Vorsprung edition) model only.

https://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/21153/2020-volkswagen-golf-r-revealed-316bhp-and-torque-vectoring-rear-differential

7 minutes ago, NRW said:

Never before in the field of New Car Buying has there been a more urgent requirement for serious Man Maths!
(or Woman Maths😀)

Very true!  

Already done woman maths on it based on guesstimates pricing, which look to be quite accurate. 😂 

1 minute ago, Booth11 said:

Very true!  

Already done woman maths on it based on guesstimates pricing, which look to be quite accurate. 😂 

Mk7.5R +£3500.🤔