Martdy

UK Price is ....

Count yourselves lucky guys, the MK8 R is starting at €62,500 in Ireland and will come on 18" wheels as standard. A few options will see it tip €70k here. I can't see too many being sold. I'll be keeping my 5 year old R for another 3-4 years anyway, they might become affordable at that stage.

39 minutes ago, hooch-85 said:

Count yourselves lucky guys, the MK8 R is starting at €62,500 in Ireland and will come on 18" wheels as standard. A few options will see it tip €70k here. I can't see too many being sold. I'll be keeping my 5 year old R for another 3-4 years anyway, they might become affordable at that stage.

Tell me about it!

To compound matters, based on the Cost2Coast U.K. pricing mentioned, there is only a £2k difference between OTR price for the Clubsport vs the R, whereas in Ireland there is a full €10k difference. Ireland utterly sucks for new cars pricing, it’s outrageous. R price translates to circa £55,500. Would love to have the U.K. price of £39k!

Yes - Vehicle Registration Tax in Ireland. On the R is 31% of the base price.

A lot of people import from UK, my own car is a 2015 model and the VRT was almost €6,500 when it was imported last December and I've heard it's actually gone up since! My car cost €27,000 by the time this was paid (retail on same car in UK was around £16/17k at the time.

We really do get shafted over here, and that's before we get into the finance deals you guys get! 

2 hours ago, NRW said:

Mk7.5R +£3500.🤔

Or wait a few months after launch and get a loaded pre-registered R for £K's less. I'm sure there will be lots to be had.

Still doesn't get around the car tax hike though.

Think I’m going to pass on the MK8R and hunt for a nice pre Reg A45S at this rate when the time comes. 
Im not convinced by the look of the car in fact I think the S3 looks better.

To up stage my current 7R with stage 2 BBK etc it’s the only way for me. 
Even a nice low mileage M2 / M3 Comp is more appealing at £40k.

I’ll have to wait another 12 months for A45S to come into view unless I PCP it.