Hey all!

I figured I’d start a topic for my lovely OPF 2020 Golf R! This topic is mainly to showcase the journey of my Golf R and encourage other Lapiz blue owners to share theirs!

I’d like to welcome and share:

1. Car modification journey

2. Road trips/ scenic photographs

3. Any other Lapiz blue R related stuff!

I want to share my cars modification journey (it’s currently completely stock) and have many ideas for build. I also plan to take my car around Europe and vlog it for YouTube- I’ll be sharing the journey of that too!

ALL LAPIZ BLUE MK7/7.5 OWNERS WELCOME! (Sorry to other colors haha, All Golf R’s are lovely regardless what colour but this one is for my Lapiz people!)

My car Instagram: @AceGolfR

😎😁 Follow me & share your Lapiz!

#shareyourlapiz 

4C2AD661-5E65-413E-A4BA-98D3371C459D.jpeg

17CDC066-1DE4-4D9E-9240-8C53DD94D727.jpeg

17 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

So I'm guessing that you won't be doing any mods that have already been done by non-Lapiz cars, because, well, they aren't Lapiz and you have to maintain that Lapiz-only exclusivity  ?  😉😂

Basically 😂 but main thing for me is taking the car throughout Europe and capture some cool things hopefully!

Sooo first project... took the car to be reviewed by TCR (Tamil Car Review) on YouTube! I’m not Tamil myself but it was a great opportunity to work with me good friend Sri

Hoping to share some cool drone shots and photos soon!

A90800C4-7972-485C-9CF4-82C41DC160F5.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Golphin
      Hello. 

I'm currently running Revo Stage 1 with a panel filter (snow grate removed), turbo pipe and muffler delete. 

Is going to stage 2 worth it?  

Who here has been stage 1 then moved on to stage 2 with Revo with GPF?

Interested to hear the pro's and con's.
    • By purplepulser
      So I've just come back from MRC Banbury, after having the full intake hardware fit treatment, including muffler delete, along with their Custom Stage 1 ECU and TCU remap.
      I can safely say I'm so impressed with the results.

After intake stuff fitted

Car sitting waiting to go on the Dyno, it was a fantastic day weather wise. Clear blue skies and sunny, but cold. Good for intake temps.

Dyno Results
      Power wise, from stock run with intake hardware fitted, it made 323ps. 
      After the 2nd dyno run following the remap, it made 395ps.

Torque, from stock, it made 413.89Nm (305.27lb ft)
      After the 2nd dyno run following the remap it made 547.63Nm (403.91lb ft)

One the brakes side of things, I decided to assess the direct OEM replacement hooked discs all round, along with braided lines from HEL. Pads, I've gone with Ferodo DS3.12 for the front, and Ferodo DS2500 for the rears.
      Front 

Rear

I purchased this totally stock car back in Dec 2020, and although it was quick, I always felt it was holding back a lot. An example of this is that I could be on a dual carriageway doing 50mph for instance and floor it, and it would pick up speed ok (relatively speaking) but there didn't seem to be any urgency to it. I always got the impression it was constantly restricting the boost and fuel, deliberately limiting power, just to maintain its factory output figures. In stock form, most of its speed seems to be concentrated in bursts from standstill up to about 60mph. 
      I had some time to test the results on my 100 mile drive back home!

Now, its completely different. Everything about it is urgent. From standstill, not using launch control, it really punches in the power, and the DSG shifts are now more aggressive and quicker. I now get the sense of being pushed back in the seat while accelerating in every gear. The power delivery doesn't stop either, it just keeps going until it hits the rev limiter and then upshifts.  If I put it in manual mode, it is just that, and it wont upshift until I change and will bounce off the rev limiter.
      And then there is the noise. I can hear much more of the intake noises. Makes a massive difference. Oh and it pops and bangs a lot more in race mode!

I don't have a draggy, so I can't test its 0-60 times, but I imagine its going to be less than 4 seconds.

Looking forward to Mallory Park on Thursday.

What does everyone think? Any questions, let me know.
      As always, let me know of any further recommendations.

• By DuncanB
      Hi guys

Been a while since I posted. Hoping for a but of help. Turning my exhaust system back to standard and found the below on ebay. I know its not the full exhaust, do i just need the cat section? Link below.

Bloke is after 140 plus 35 shipping. That too much? All help appreciated!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333948588673

Thanks

Duncan
    • By wolverine
      So, buy a car for driveability or for interior and looks...who wins?  Thoughts?

• By Harvey
      Hey

I’ve been experiencing an issue with my DSG for the past couple weeks which I’m hoping someone is able to shed some light on. I currently own a Golf R MK7.5 (2019+ GPF).

I’m experiencing a sporadic issue with the new DQ381 in which when I’m driving normally, within “Normal” or “Eco” and I come to a complete stop, I’ve noticed when the gears are changing down from 2 into 1, I hear this clunking noise and in addition to this I get the car moving forwards and backwards. It feels as the car is confused as in which gear to go into or whether it should set off. As the car then slowly starts to move forwards and backwards (similar to how you catch the biting point on a manual clutch and adjust to either set off or not) I am greeted with the following error message...

I’ve had the local garage run the car for a quick diagnostics to check what could be causing this and it came back with the following error:

Not entirely sure as to what could be causing this issue so I’m hoping someone would be able to shed some light on this?

its worth noting that when the error code pops up, when you proceed to restart the car, the fault code disappears and normal driving can be resumed. When I’m emergency mode, the car completely misses gears and only goes into the following gears 2,4,6.

Best bet would be to take it to VW to get it checked out, however I’m just curious to know if any other users have had similar issues with the DQ381 gearbox.