TWPaul

Anyone know this car?

Have been hunting avidly for weeks and just found this one. If it sounds familiar I do have the reg to confirm.

This is pretty close to where I was planning to go mods-wise and in terms of factory options/colour etc is bang on. I would have preferred a 7.5 (this is one of last 7’s) but mileage is low and apparently has been well looked after and price seems reasonable.

Anyway if anyone has any knowledge or comments of the works done I’d be very pleased to hear.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been hunting avidly for weeks and just found this one. If it sounds familiar I do have the reg to confirm.

This is pretty close to where I was planning to go mods-wise and in terms of factory options/colour etc is bang on. I would have preferred a 7.5 (this is one of last 7’s) but mileage is low and apparently has been well looked after and price seems reasonable.

Anyway if anyone has any knowledge or comments of the works done I’d be very pleased to hear.

Thanks guys.

Oops.....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202011306628956?atmobcid=soc3

Good spec and R-Tech are well respected; I'd start by giving R-Tech a call and asking them to confirm the work and also ask if they've done the maintenance on it too.  R-Tech apparently won't tune anything unless it gets past their in depth health check so that in itself could be a good sign (?).  

What's the service history ?  

Is the seller happy to put a warranty on a stage 2 car and what will that warranty cover?  

Good spec and R-Tech are well respected; I'd start by giving R-Tech a call and asking them to confirm the work and also ask if they've done the maintenance on it too.  R-Tech apparently won't tune anything unless it gets past their in depth health check so that in itself could be a good sign (?).  

Is the seller happy to put a warranty on a stage 2 car and what will that warranty cover?  

Thanks Penguin. Was down to call R-Tech this morning, glad to hear they’re known and respected. Apparently SH is full and I’ll be asking about warranty. Cheers!

Just now, TWPaul said:

Thanks Penguin. Was down to call R-Tech this morning, glad to hear they’re known and respected. Apparently SH is full and I’ll be asking about warranty. Cheers!

I shortlisted R-Tech for stage 1 but I couldn't get in touch with them to ask for some info and get a booking date.   This was at the start of the first lockdown and they were apparently crazy busy.  I never got the promised call backs and in the end went with Revo. 

R-Tech do have a good reputation though, possibly too good for the size of the team they have.  To me it just seemed like they couldn't keep up with the demand, rather than anything malicious.  I done a lot of searching and digging before even contemplating them and I couldn't find a single issue or bad word said about their service and/or maps.  

Had my old mk5 gti tuned by R-tech , and for pricing they can’t be faulted . They do full engine checks and won’t tune a car if they find a underlying issue before hand , which is always a good sign . There dyno however reads very generous , as I found out myself when running the same gti on 2 other different dyno,s after being mapped by them . Half the reason I decided on using unicorn for my mk7 r . 

Had my old mk5 gti tuned by R-tech , and for pricing they can’t be faulted . They do full engine checks and won’t tune a car if they find a underlying issue before hand , which is always a good sign . There dyno however reads very generous , as I found out myself when running the same gti on 2 other different dyno,s after being mapped by them . Half the reason I decided on using unicorn for my mk7 r . 

Indeed.....
Apparently R-Tech’s dyno printout for this one shows 406bhp which seemed rather optimistic.....

4 hours ago, Penguin said:

OK, contacted R-Tech and they confirmed Stage 2 was done, but only in late October this year. On the one hand reassured to learn from others that they do a full health check and install is a custom rolling road job as opposed to a 15 minute 'flash and bybye' quickie. A little concerned at why owner chose to sell so soon. So I enquired with dealer with that and few other questions and they responded as follows;

Understand why the questions.

Current owner has had the car from 18/04/2019.

Car was first registered on 06/02/17 and has had 3 owners in total (including the current one)

Services are as follows

1.06/08/18 @ 3889 Peter Cooper VW

2. 01/02/19 @ 9725 Peter Cooper VW

3.13/12/19 @ 17810 VW & Audi Independent by the look of it.

4.20/11/20 @ 24526 "                                                        "

The reason for the change in car (so the customer said to me) is that he wanted to go to a rear wheel drive ( he's bought a BMW M235I) car after driving a couple and found the Golf a little boring to him where its so good with the 4 wheel drive system. Have heard this many times and to be honest it's a credit to the R model where it's so planted but sometimes people just want a bit of a different driving experience. I believe he thought the tuning would change the feel but all it does on a R is make it quicker. The car itself still drives the same once tuned.

I have the service book with the car and all hand book plus a dyno print out but no other paperwork.

Modifications have been checked by us so we know they're there but not bills as it was all mail order parts.

Sadly I can't give customer details out due to GDPR as you can imagine. I can only guess a friend or possibly the last garge did the work but that's as far as I can go with it.

The cars come with 3 months 3,000 miles mechanical warranty parts and labour with a £1000 per claim limit on it.

Hope this helps

Reasoning sounds believable. So although I'm put off by the three owners a little, at least some warranty helps.

Sorry for posting all my musings here... I'm not really procrastinating or looking for others to make my decisions for me (😁). Much.

I think I'm going to take the plunge (viewing and hopefully test drive permitting), watch this space.....

Very good spec. Is it a 7 or 7.5? No pics so cant tell. 

It’s a 7 unfortunately. I would have preferred a 7.5 but to be honest the spec is otherwise EXACTLY what I was looking for (Oryx, Pano, black prets, DCC, leather) and the extras (other than perhaps the cosmetic bits which I’ll wait until I see pics before judging) are things I was going to do anyway. To be frank the price is quite fair I think, I was ideally looking for a 7.5 below 20k miles with that spec and was struggling to find anything under £30-32k. OK that would be a 2018-19 car but this one is tempting.....

Eagerly awaiting pics.....

11 minutes ago, TWPaul said:

It’s a 7 unfortunately. I would have preferred a 7.5 but to be honest the spec is otherwise EXACTLY what I was looking for (Oryx, Pano, black prets, DCC, leather) and the extras (other than perhaps the cosmetic bits which I’ll wait until I see pics before judging) are things I was going to do anyway. To be frank the price is quite fair I think, I was ideally looking for a 7.5 below 20k miles with that spec and was struggling to find anything under £30-32k. OK that would be a 2018-19 car but this one is tempting.....

Eagerly awaiting pics.....

Oh yeah, and it’s a 3 door and whilst the practical me says ‘shame’, the selfish side of me says ‘what a very happy coincidence, I think the 3 door looks better and must be a bit lighter and I won’t be the one scrambling in the back’.... 🤪

Looks a Good price for the Spec and notice they do present there Cars Well although I've never dealt with them I wonder how much History they find out about there Stock.

They had an RS3 For Sale earlier this Year looked Fantastic but as a previous Owner I Know it was once running nearly 700 BHP with a Race Development Engine So not sure what Engine it had been replaced with and Gearbox would have been worked a lot harder than the 38000 miles it had on the Clock.

83666308_903386676788520_8838567195043692544_o.jpg

On 02/12/2020 at 08:52, Penguin said:

Pics are up now.

I gotta say it looks maybe a little on the low side to me (the suspension I mean!), but otherwise not as ‘in your face’ as I was fearing. Am going for it I think!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011306628956

Looks nice, tastefully modded. Very easy to make these look like a Corsa with some of the plastic tat / stickers some people add.

TBH, the 3 owners on a 3 year old car would put me off too. If it’s the spec you want I would get a comprehensive inspection done on the vehicle first. The window tinting looks dark, is it legal?

Also, buy, beg or borrow a scan tool and get the ecu read.....although seller will probably have wiped any errors anyway.