theskivingscholar

Revo stage 2 IS38 EA888 GPF released!

So an update:

The Wagner cooler is all fitted, and all the Revo pipes bar one is installed. One Revo charge pipe wasn't long enough (Throttle boost pipe a bit to short and Stef doesn't want to risk boost leak as it wasn't a tidy fit) so Stef has custom made one for me and said it fits perfectly. The Wagner IC is a 70mm outlet and the Revo charge pipes are only 60mm!

The car is still stage 1 at the moment but with time pushing on they wouldn't get it on the Dyno in time tonight so will be on first thing tomorrow with the FMIC on at stage 1. The car will then be mapped to stage 2 and then Dyno' again to show stage 2 gains (if any ). Need to figure out a lift tomorrow down there tomorrow afternoon to collect it if they are happy with how the car performs. Bit of a mare but my issue not theres. Why does the wife have to work!?
Looking forward to the numbers, bet you're stoked. Yea seem to remember my tuner telling me the outlet for Wagner wouldn't fit Revo pipes now you mention it.

So an update:

The Wagner cooler is all fitted, and all the Revo pipes bar one is installed. One Revo charge pipe wasn't long enough (Throttle boost pipe a bit to short and Stef doesn't want to risk boost leak as it wasn't a tidy fit) so Stef has custom made one for me and said it fits perfectly. The Wagner IC is a 70mm outlet and the Revo charge pipes are only 60mm!

The car is still stage 1 at the moment but with time pushing on they wouldn't get it on the Dyno in time tonight so will be on first thing tomorrow with the FMIC on at stage 1. The car will then be mapped to stage 2 and then Dyno' again to show stage 2 gains (if any ). Need to figure out a lift tomorrow down there tomorrow afternoon to collect it if they are happy with how the car performs. Bit of a mare but my issue not theres. Why does the wife have to work!?

Exciting times
Look forward to your impressions and figures tomorrow hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Penguin said:

To fund your tuning habit? 😁

Looking forward to hearing the results Jon.  I bet you can't wait?!

Knew there was a reason I keep her around (Certainly isn't her cooking) 🤣

So got the car back. He was disappointed with the Dyno results. The wheels kept slipping (PS4S with around 200 miles on them) and said he will give me another dyno run (free of charge) once he has investigated why. He did this as a quick turn around since I have work tomorrow. He drove the car on the road and said it is more powerful for sure. I took it for a quick blast before signing it off (with him recommending I do so).

The car is quicker for sure. The torque is much higher than stage 1 also. Very impressed. It's a lot more punchier in the lower rev range too which really is a nice feel rather than just a lump of power.

Ps. The boost is running at 1.9 now after stage 2 (if that helps anyone?).

Here is the Dyno print outs which he said will be better when we have another go and he figures out why it was slipping. He had another car straight waiting to be started and I didn't want to press him since he has looked after me so well. Dyno figures aren't what matters but will take him up on the offer when he has more time. I am sure it's higher than what it shows.

Fair play to Revo. Stage 2 is a decent upgrade for sure.

IMG_1266.thumb.jpeg.7fbcd11ebedbbe018adabebd651d2b2e.jpeg

IMG_1265.thumb.jpeg.e957f14d6ce5c1545d7fcf594c5985f4.jpeg

Will post updated Dyno' when we both have time and can have a proper play around!

(if anyone is good at reading those graphs and can spot anything different let us know!

Thanks

Jon

Speaking with Revo now. The first image is Revo stage 1 which is about right at 360 bhp. The second image is 277 with stage 2 on it. Definitely not as low as that. Maybe it is an error but the car is definitely much quicker than stock haha 🤣

Speaking with Revo now. The first image is Revo stage 1 which is about right at 360 bhp. The second image is 277 with stage 2 on it. Definitely not as low as that. Maybe it is an error but the car is definitely much quicker than stock haha 
Yea can't be right, 277bhp at the wheel is just under 350bhp at the engine.

Speaking with Revo now. The first image is Revo stage 1 which is about right at 360 bhp. The second image is 277 with stage 2 on it. Definitely not as low as that. Maybe it is an error but the car is definitely much quicker than stock haha 

I wouldn’t read too much in to it, obviously an issue with the dyno.
The stage 1 figure is probably fairly accurate, mine without an intercooler I’ve always said it’s about 350 bhp.
Will be interesting to see another run on the dyno without it slipping.
At the end of the day you’ve driven it a few months on stage 1 and know what it was like so a good judge on the new performance.
As always the biggest jump is stock to stage 1 as in this case stage 2 is only 0.1-.02 bar boost increase.
Hope your happy with the car and see how it goes as you put some miles on.
Are you still running your pedalbox on stage 2?

Is 1.9 bar of boost more, the same or less than what a non-gpf car is producing at stage ?

Depending on tune but yeah most are around that figure and some run a touch more.
Revo keeping things safe for everyday use

Spoke to the Dyno guy at GotBoost. Stage 1 he could hold the dyno (at the speed setting it was on) at 3k RPM at stage 1 with no issue.

At stage 2, he said it was slipping as the torque was so much higher(and he didn't want to destroy the tyres). He has had to change the speed setting of the Dyno so it gave strange numbers. From my little blast on the motorway slip road (kids in the car so not to crazy) the speed was incredible. It definitely pulls much harder lower down the rev range too compared to stage 1.

He did say we can do another session on it when it's had its service and we can start the run at 3k RPM to give it more accurate figures at top end (it's definitely not 277) but he used that to make sure the boost pressures didn't drop and the figures can be tested later if I want to confirm the top end performance.

I am happy with that. Just need the wife to come home around 7:30 so I can go out without the girls in the car and get a good feel for it.

27 minutes ago, marshy said:

I did on the way home mate as I had the girls in the car and just pottered down the motorway (after the slip road blast) at 70 until we got home. Will take it for a spin later when the wife is home and adjust it as required. Will follow up when I have given it a good blast and let you know

I wouldn’t read too much in to it, obviously an issue with the dyno.
The stage 1 figure is probably fairly accurate, mine without an intercooler I’ve always said it’s about 350 bhp.
Will be interesting to see another run on the dyno without it slipping.
At the end of the day you’ve driven it a few months on stage 1 and know what it was like so a good judge on the new performance.
As always the biggest jump is stock to stage 1 as in this case stage 2 is only 0.1-.02 bar boost increase.
Hope your happy with the car and see how it goes as you put some miles on.

Yea mine was 350 on the dyno at stage 1, stock everything else. The draw of the stage 2 is the low down torque which always makes a car feel faster. Making peak horsepower at 6500 rpm just isn't that useful in a daily driver.

33 minutes ago, marshy said:

Depending on tune but yeah most are around that figure and some run a touch more.
Revo keeping things safe for everyday useemoji1303.png

Good stuff. Despite all the negativity the GPF cars were getting, it looks like it may be the best of the bunch for modding and keeping everything road legal. Retaining the standard cat and GPF, and still making decent power at safe boost levels is a win win win IMO.

30 minutes ago, Deano said:

Good stuff. Despite all the negativity the GPF cars were getting, it looks like it may be the best of the bunch for modding and keeping everything road legal. Retaining the standard cat and GPF, and still making decent power at safe boost levels is a win win win IMO.

About that, 1.9bar is kinda pushing it regarding the IS38 turbo longevity I'd say, but that's to be expected with stage 2 maps anyway. I personally have some upgraded turbo options in mind come spring time, not to chase crazy bhp but more for piece of mind.