theskivingscholar

Revo stage 2 IS38 EA888 GPF released!

6 hours ago, marshy said:

On my last R I ran Apr stage 1 then stage 2, what can I say phenomenal performance and driveability, for me on pre gpf cars Apr had it totally nailed.
This car being gpf I totally intended going Apr again but the figures were extremely low for gpf something like 327bhp.
I then went to Revo and to be honest for a stage 1 it’s goes very well, I’m 100% happy and if I was doing it again I would go the same path.
I’ve had 4 cars done by APR and 4 cars done by Revo
Had zero issues with any and they’ve all be really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy, you sum it up very well. I’m surprised with APR lack of gains and development in the GPF cars but seems like EPA looking at them last couple years so looks like focus on other platforms. I think it’s been around 2 years since the latest APR update for pre GPF also. 

I ran oem+ software for 12 months at stage 2 when it was released and at time was better than the APR as didn’t have surging and felt slightly stronger too end. The lower/mid torque in APR I enjoyed more and made car faster/more responsive in normal driving conditions so I swapped back when they updated stage 2 files and I was very happy that still had the strong torque but fixed surging and added even more top end. 

There is no doubt it’s an aggressive tune but also within safety parameters and they only increased the turbo control further in v2.7 file. 

I don’t think you can go wrong with either APR, revo or good custom tunes. In Australia there are very few that run revo I only really remember seeing stage 1 dyno and 1/4 mile times years ago and they were 15-20hp less than APR and 0.2 slower 1/4 mike. But that’s going back 5 years. The last few years most seem to go custom tunes I think price had lots to do with it and now APR dropped from $1495 to $995 few months ago my dealer had over 100 calls about it day 1. At one stage APR were charging $1995 for stage 1 ecu which really hurt them at time being double price of custom tunes and most other OTS $1200-1400. 

I personally chose APR at time as I was impressed with the dealers that I spoke with and local. To me having support and using same dealer/mechanic to do my servicing, install of mods important. I’ve never been charged to flash updates on files to car or when I swapped between OEM+ and APR, seems in USA no dealers like that and big gripe for many paying to remove/reinstalll tune to pass EPA inspections. 

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

Thanks.  I keep second guessing whether or not I should have gone APR.  The only thing that ultimately swung it for me is the local indy who looks after our cars is also a Revo agent.   If he was selling APR then I'd have no doubt got that.   I like how the R feels at the moment, Revo is nice and smooth delivery and will pull to the red line but....you know how it is.. 😊

This  (and @marshy) is exactly why I went with Revo. Attention to OEM service intervals, cautious tuning that retains everyday drivability,

Extracting the best of the E888, like the way it should have come out the factory. 

On 14/01/2021 at 20:13, muzza said:

So just went to pick up a chinese. Took the scenic route of course. When the car was up to temp I gave it the beans.

When Revo claim 400ps.... I believe it.

The Torque is much earlier in the rev band and transformed the car again. Still got the pedal box on sport +2 and jesus.... The car shifts. Was skeptical and was an expensive gamble considering how few have done it but worth it. When lockdown ends if anyone is around the South Wales area you are welcome to come for a spin in it.

Chuffed!

WOW!!

Sounds absolutely amazing!

Sadly I'm nowhere near S Wales 😭

So with all the snow we had, my boss joked saying we should do some doughnuts at work before we get started. Me being a child at heart I took the car to the rear of work and proceeding with the following:

I am not a professional driver so please reserve the laughter!

Stage 2 didn't really change the sound of the milltek exhaust at all but it does give a few nice DSG cracks.

Revo stage 2 confirmed fun in the snow. (done away from public road in a locked area of work)

Cheers

Jon

On 25/01/2021 at 16:11, muzza said:

So with all the snow we had, my boss joked saying we should do some doughnuts at work before we get started. Me being a child at heart I took the car to the rear of work and proceeding with the following:

I am not a professional driver so please reserve the laughter!

Stage 2 didn't really change the sound of the milltek exhaust at all but it does give a few nice DSG cracks.

Revo stage 2 confirmed fun in the snow. (done away from public road in a locked area of work)

Cheers

Jon

Don’t think Ken Block will be loosing any sleep soon. 🤣🤣