Golf 8R reviews

You clearly haven't given up Sean.

I've blocked very few people ever on Twitter but if people spout lies and misinformation I think that's justified.

When did I block someone about PCP? I've got a PCP myself and have had one before!

As for mic issues, I've learned from comments and resolved the audio as best as I can with the budget available, when did ever block someone over that?!

In my opinion and that of evo magazine the TCR is a superior hot hatch to the R, it understandably won't go down well on here but I don't think it justifies bringing it up in a piss taking way when I do a review of the 8R as it's totally unrelated.

People seem to forget I own an R too and it's better than the TCR in some ways hence why I was seriously considering buying an 8R

Hmmm, strange you blocked me after we had an exchange about PCP not being my way of paying for my cars.

You then blocked me shortly after I mentioned the microphone issues on one of your videos.

ce183689b093b074bb323acd261c7668.png

cb17be950162843f68862fd5eded2a9c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalke2a91979a6280dde5f93298cc3036952.png

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone (yourself, Mr Chapple) had actually put it in context and asked what that reference above was, and actually included the earlier post it related to, I would have told them/you/him that I too

Review of the 8R vs the GTI CS in today's Auto Express*, which made the front cover. Pretty predictable stuff and nothing that would really surprise anyone on here. One thing I didn't realis

Posted Images

"A loose, wrinked vagina resembling the sleeve opening of the stereotypical Wizard's cloak"

Someone's been using urban dictionary :D

I preferred 'A baggy fanny (may have an echo). usually showing signs of age and wear,in to which your wand fits, easily, but is far from a magical experience.'

12 hours ago, Booth11 said:

A few reasons, amongst them, I don’t find many of your reviews/videos particularly objective, informative or enlightening.  

I was always told if you didn’t have anything nice to say then shut your face lol

11 hours ago, veewiz said:

Thanks Darlo. I think the difference with YouTube comments is that they are aimed directly at you and give you a chance to reply. I haven't posted on here for 5 years so not really the case.  Thanks for the sub mate, much appreciated 

I’m also subbed 👍🏻 my brother actually ordered an R on the back of one of your videos so you are obviously doing something right. Loved your CS video.  Keep it going. Not easy to post videos I bet, open yourself up for unwanted and unnecessary forms of criticism from keyboard warriors that hide behind a computer. 

4 hours ago, Booth11 said:

I was always encouraged to speak my mind.  😊

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I expect a moderator to exercise more restraint. It's just not very classy. You should be encouraging people to be more amicable, ensuring the forum remains an inclusive place for all to enjoy, and where people can have a difference of opinion without being lambasted for it, or worse, have snidey comments directed at them.

1 hour ago, andrewparker said:

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I expect a moderator to exercise more restraint. It's just not very classy. You should be encouraging people to be more amicable, ensuring the forum remains an inclusive place for all to enjoy, and where people can have a difference of opinion without being lambasted for it, or worse, have snidey comments directed at them.

I appreciate your points.  Some moderators might be more restrained (and classy) and be more of a silent presence in the background supporting the administration of a forum, but other moderators, as well as supporting unseen behind the scenes (which does go on to a great degree on here), also enjoy being an active presence and part of the community, being able to participate as a forum member themselves.  You might disagree but I don’t think the two things are mutually exclusive. 

I am speaking only in reference to myself here - yes I am a moderator but I am also an R owning member of the forum with my own individual opinions and views on a variety of things which are distinct from the moderation role and like any member post my views on topics.  The views I have expressed on here in relation to Volkswizard video reviews posted and some of that content, are my own personal views (not stated as a moderator representing VWROC) and have simply been my views on some of the content of the videos and what I believe to be less than objective representations in some cases, and on some matters I just simply hold a different viewpoint.  Some of my comments have been stated with a measure of humour but I have not personally insulted Andrew Chapple or Volkswizard and for that to be implied (through misquoting etc) is simply error at best or game playing at worst. 

As over the previous evening, there has been a fair bit of misquoting of things and things attributed to me that are inaccurate and that I haven’t actually said.  To what end I don’t know, either unfortunate error or perhaps deliberate misleading, I do not know, but I have not laboured the point.  In fact last night I exercised a fair amount of restraint for the very reasons you state above. 

When anyone creates and generates content specifically for social media and the public domain (car content in this case) I think it’s expected that there will be a share of people that love, like, are indifferent to, dislike and disagree with some of that content.  It’s the kind of thing to take on the chin, along with tongue-in-cheek differences of opinion.  I think you need a degree of a thick skin in that business otherwise you run the risk of be offended a fair deal of the time.  And recent events a case in point.  

And now speaking as a moderator, I believe this forum is very inclusive and part of inclusion is also the ability for people share their views, in an appropriate manner and for the majority of time that happens.  And though you clearly think otherwise, over the years of being a moderator on this forum, I have always actively encouraged amicable relationships and behaviour, inclusivity, and helped to foster a real sense of community and as long as I am a moderator I will continue to do so, alongside all the moderating that takes place quietly behind the scenes.  I’m afraid I must take exception to your inference that this may not be the case, but I respect that that is your view and am thankful that you feel able to express it.  

1 hour ago, andrewparker said:

Here comes the snow flake brigade 😂

@Booth11 does a lot for this forum and the over reaction from some light hearted banter from various members is honestly laughable. 

If you can’t handle that then maybe this place isn’t for you. But having been a member of many forums over the years I would go as far to say this is one of the more polite/friendly/well moderated ones out there. 

Browse m3 cutters.... it will have you in tears by the sounds of things 😂😂😂

Cuts both ways if you ask me.

If you put yourself and your ‘car views’ in the public eye like Twitter etc, you should expect / respect that not everyone is going to agree with you on everything......

I used to find Andrew quite an interesting watch / read way back when, however what I starting noticing is the change in tone towards people when they didn’t 100% agree with something he said, personally for me a few times I felt his attitude change, any questioning of why he would say a certain thing or if I brought up something, like say the ridiculous price of the new VW golf range / poor Audi 8Y interior / PCP vs Cash buyer / Mic issues on his videos ended in being blocked......

If your in the public domain, engage with your followers whether they agree / disagree with you, don’t automatically assume you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I’m a snowflake but this is one of the first posts on this forum that I’m reading with disbelief!

Some points I agree with but sometimes personal opinions are just that and best kept to themselves.

My Nan use to say nothing nice to say don’t say it but should also use to have a sharp tongue and would speak her mind

Difference being she never had the internet

Maybe not time to kiss and make up but need to move on. Worse things happening in the world

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk