AJP

Is anything happening in 2021?

Hi guys 🙂

Does anyone know if there are any events potentially lined up for the new year? And would anyone be interested in organising one if not? I’m thinking along the lines of a dyno day or airfield day, that kind of thing.

I’m currently in the process of getting my mk6 R running nicely with the current setup (Loba 4xx etc) and as much as it made excellent numbers on the Statller dyno recently, the current road conditions and temperatures really aren’t suitable for stretching its legs safely!

I know there are plenty of well built cars on this forum, and plenty of you I’ll remember from the mk5 forum, so it’d be fun to meet up and see where a well-sorted mk6 sits amongst other Rs of various states of tune and newer generations. I’d like to think my old girl would hold her own... to a point 😁

Obviously we’re still facing big challenges in terms of even being able to organise and manage an event in the current situation, so this is a feeler, if anything. If the demand is there, we could potentially get something off the ground when things start improving. 

Let me know what you think 👍🏻

I can understand your enthusiasm, especially after 2020 but we still don’t know where we’re going to be with Covid next year so difficult to plan. Until vaccinations start in earnest and people stop being stupid, we won’t get on top of it. For me personally, I’m planning nothing next year - not even a holiday but I’m probably in a different situation to most on here. I was furloughed off work just before Crimbo and will be for the foreseeable future. I think another national lockdown is imminent if Boris pull his bas##rd finger out as cases are rising exponentially. It’s a good thought and would be something to look forward to but difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

I can understand your enthusiasm, especially after 2020 but we still don’t know where we’re going to be with Covid next year so difficult to plan. Until vaccinations start in earnest and people stop being stupid, we won’t get on top of it. For me personally, I’m planning nothing next year - not even a holiday but I’m probably in a different situation to most on here. I was furloughed off work just before Crimbo and will be for the foreseeable future. I think another national lockdown is imminent if Boris pull his bas##rd finger out as cases are rising exponentially. It’s a good thought and would be something to look forward to but difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hear you. Nobody really knows where we’ll be in 6 months or even a year, but being optimistic it’s at least the type of thing to look forward to when the time comes. 

Anyway, this thread is here now as a placeholder of sorts, so hopefully as time goes on we can build some demand. 

It’s a bad time for everyone, but I think it’s healthy to try and look forward positively 🙂

Well I’ll back any meet or RR day / Sprint or trackday. I organised stands at Castle Combe in 2019/20.

Im hoping to go with Blondefella and others end of April to the Ring.

Why not contact Awesome ( Mark Ash) for a RR day later in year when we hope to get back to normal?

On 03/01/2021 at 10:38, Msportman said:

Well I’ll back any meet or RR day / Sprint or trackday. I organised stands at Castle Combe in 2019/20.

Im hoping to go with Blondefella and others end of April to the Ring.

Why not contact Awesome ( Mark Ash) for a RR day later in year when we hope to get back to normal?

RR day sounds good to me. I’m not too far from Manchester 👍🏻