denward

Lowering Springs?

Hi All

I am looking to lower my Golf Mk7 2018 R a bit.

I don’t want to go down the coilover route just yet as happy with the comfort etc at the moment.

Could anyone suggest some decent lowering springs?

Also, if anyone had any side shots of a car on lowering springs that would be helpful.

Thanks

1 hour ago, denward said:

Thanks!

ive read the threads and literally none the wiser.

sounds like eibach pro kit for ride quality but then it doesn’t seem to go that low!!!

any other side shots on eibach pro kit folks?

I  can’t personally recommend - but  VWR and H&R springs are also often used.

If you want a certain “Look”,  try browsing this thread for inspiration.

Owners are usually more than happy to share their wheel, suspension set up. Lots to like here. 👍

H and r are lower but don’t get good reviews at all on mbq platform very crashy apparently eibach make the vwr springs and there very similar in performance. I have st 20mm springs from clp and I’m really happy with them.  Lots and lots of great reviews for them on the golf r owners uk Facebook group  

6 hours ago, denward said:

Thanks!

ive read the threads and literally none the wiser.

sounds like eibach pro kit for ride quality but then it doesn’t seem to go that low!!!

any other side shots on eibach pro kit folks?

I hope these pics help you a bit Denward...:smiley:

First four pics are all R's on Eibach springs (no spacers) - Subtle 15mm drop - Great springs though

3rd to last pic and 2nd to last pic Eibach springs with spacers..10mm front and 17.5mm rear and last pic is my car on Leyo springs 25mm drop with ECS Flush Kit spacers..10mm F and 17.5mm R - No problems with the Leyosport springs - Perfect ride, comfortable, sporty...improves the stance a lot especially with spacers - Would keep them but am going Bilstein B16's with adjustable ride height up to 50mm drop....so am going full coil overs and get rid of spacers - Spacers are a real pain in the a## to get certified for use on NZ Roads- Lower the better in my opinion for a good looking stance so will go 40-45mm I'd say..Time will tell - Need to get low to compensate for no spacers next year - No problems with driving on spacers just getting them certified - Spacers really beefed up my stance once I went on Leyo springs with 25mm drop - Any questions, Just give us a shout...:)

Beach pic my Golf R Jan 2020.jpg

Eibach Springs Drop GR7 2.jpg

Eibach Before and After GR7.png

Eibach Springs GR7 Drop.jpeg

10mm and 15mm spacers GR7 Eibach pic 2.jpg

Eibach Pro Kit plus ECS Flush Kit 10 front and 17.5 rear.jpg

My Golf R at Scorching Bay 1.jpg