gazzab

MK8 Lease and PCP Deals

58 minutes ago, keano said:

My post was tongue in cheek really, no harm I’m sure emoji106.png

Tbh I am open to hearing any and all suggestions that could potentially save me money, especially when it may help me service my addiction (buying cars!! emoji23.pngemoji23.png), so I don’t personally mind that argument/discussion emoji106.png

You learn more from hearing opposing views than just being in an echo chamber of the same opinion after all emoji108.png

Fair one.... one of the many reasons I do lease is I used to change my cars every 12 months, sometimes less. Wasted god knows how much over the years. With a lease I’m locked in. Can’t change (unless I give it the Mrs like I did once as I hated the car). 

Fair one.... one of the many reasons I do lease is I used to change my cars every 12 months, sometimes less. Wasted god knows how much over the years. With a lease I’m locked in. Can’t change (unless I give it the Mrs like I did once as I hated the car). 

Really?! Tbh I would love to change that frequently and tried to a number of times but the cost was prohibitive even with creative man maths applied!

At least with a lease you know exactly what it’s going to cost so helps financial planning.

I like the idea that you’re not reliant / looking over your shoulder on future value for the figures to work out too.

Granted it’s a bit of a premium but it’s known and set from the outset at least.

For me on the mk8 my deposit is covered by my current equity and my monthly will be less than it is now so I will be saving a bit extra towards what I really want whilst driving the new mk8.

My next car when my lease goes back will be a big deposit and the rest on a loan to pay it off as it will be a long term keeper. If audi have an offer to take their finance I would take it and then clear after but otherwise that’s the plan.

There isn’t one right answer when it comes to funding cars (or most things!), there are so many different situations and different deals.  I’ve never leased a car, but if there was a deal that would cost less over the period I planned to keep it than buying it outright, I would be mad to ignore the lease option.

We all have different priorities as well, for some it’s holidays, others it’s cars, could be eating out every night....etc!   Why criticise someone spending £500 a month on a Golf, it’s their money to do with as they wish.   That doesn’t make them mad or stupid!  

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone criticised for having a holiday, but it’s not difficult to spend a years lease/PCP payments on one.  Is that mad?  I guess some might think so!

1 minute ago, Darlo said:

I stuck one on page 6 of this tread mate. Stock deal for basic car I think 

Thanks mate. Been offered a standard Gti through VW directly but checked on insurance quotes for the clubsport and they’re surprisingly low so now i’m waiting for the dealer to get back to me on a clubsport quote in Monday😄