Booth11

Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

13 hours ago, Stobsie said:

The seats only support you because of all those shares you’ve got in Domino’s Pizza. 😜

Love you too 😂 and you mean MCDonalds lol

1 hour ago, FBF said:

it’s my other brothers TP. 3 of us believe it or not so you want see this at the Burgess sadly ha, he doesn’t play golf...neither can Lewis and I to be fair ha 

Understood - I'm one of 3 boys too!! Hope he enjoys the R, might even keep up with you on the roads, if he tries!! 🙂

24E7C47F-0C0D-4D70-90D5-B218BF60903E.thumb.jpeg.4f171a41483ee8c1029ec981ae98db51.jpeg
C8D75193-DA55-47C4-8973-1A2002F56C55.thumb.jpeg.9bd7aa1aa2ba31caf052b4c0e211e780.jpeg
A2D48656-A535-462D-AAAB-D57C74E9B9FA.thumb.jpeg.79d4bb19412494e8692b29e789ad70ab.jpeg
AC6AE568-7C1C-412D-8BB5-E32CD8B6B79F.thumb.jpeg.0d4f3945020fc430c247b5423e1948be.jpeg

After seeing this I may actually spec the 19” actually.

Does the DCC comfort settings have the ability to negate the harder ride of the 19’s?

I have young kids and a wife that’s are all about comfort you see.... hence why I was sticking with the 18’s.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tristan said:

Why is the discover nav pro £1600 in the golf R but only £600 in the Tiguan 

Well spotted! Unless I have missed it, there is a lot of doubt about what this option includes anyway... The 'details' button on the R configurator reveals a rather silly list that includes a "Radio" and "Digital Radio Reception". Lol. However, the corresponding 'details' button on the Tiguan configurator options list makes a bit more sense (see below) although a couple of the entries are still far from clear. And, as you say, its "only" £600. I assume that this is what you would actually get if you specced it on the R (?), but why its priced at £1600 is anybody's guess!

Discover nav pro.jpg

16 hours ago, mahalo said:

Bridgestone Potenza tyres are fitted to the Edinburgh one - hopefully they ran out of Bridgestones and had to switch to Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport for the next run of Golf R. Perhaps they might run out of Goodyear Eagle F1s and have to switch to Michelin P4S for the next run i.e.e those cars currently stuck at the Emden Golf R carpark.😎

Re Tyres my GTI collected last week come with 18'' Goodyear Eagle F1 supersport.

Was quite surprised as my previous 7 & 7.5 come with Bridgestones.

Have a look at #33 on this thread, not sure where its from but seems accurate for the tyres I've seen so far on 8GTI & 8R's.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287167.30

21 minutes ago, GTD1414 said:

Re Tyres my GTI collected last week come with 18'' Goodyear Eagle F1 supersport.

Was quite surprised as my previous 7 & 7.5 come with Bridgestones.

Have a look at #33 on this thread, not sure where its from but seems accurate for the tyres I've seen so far on 8GTI & 8R's.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287167.30

I’m collecting my R next Weds and that’s come with 19” Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports, which is a big relief after seeing some 8Rs that on 19” Bridgestones and Hankook. 

29 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

I’m collecting my R next Weds and that’s come with 19” Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports, which is a big relief after seeing some 8Rs that on 19” Bridgestones and Hankook. 

Great news you are picking it up next Wednesday! Looking forward to see what you think about it and pics etc... exciting times! 🙂

Are you going remove the pedal box from your car so you get used to it as standard before jumping into the new one?

It's always been a thought of mine of if/when I change my car in the future I'd like to drive mine as stock for a week before hand. I wouldnt want to take the shine off the new one by driving it for the first time thinking its lacking in throttle response or have the half inch dead spot - if you see what I mean.

Or perhaps the new Mk 8 will be fine, who knows! It'll need a bit of running in yet anyway, before you open the taps. 😉 

21 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Great news you are picking it up next Wednesday! Looking forward to see what you think about it and pics etc... exciting times! 🙂

Are you going remove the pedal box from your car so you get used to it as standard before jumping into the new one?

It's always been a thought of mine of if/when I change my car in the future I'd like to drive mine as stock for a week before hand. I wouldnt want to take the shine off the new one by driving it for the first time thinking its lacking in throttle response or have the half inch dead spot - if you see what I mean.

Or perhaps the new Mk 8 will be fine, who knows! It'll need a bit of running in yet anyway, before you open the taps. 😉 

Thanks dopper!  I’ll be sure to post some pics at collection, and then once it’s had a cursory clean, as the dealership have been asked not to wash it as usual.  It will get the full works detail at Easter when I have some annual leave. And I’ll likely do a bit of an initial early review once I’ve driven it a bit and got to grips with a few things.   I’m already getting We Connect emails through saying various things mobile services on the infotainment have been disabled, which from a chat with the dealer today is not supposed to happen but is being experienced by other new golf to be owners. They can all be sorted once I have the car.  

My mk7 went yesterday to its new owner (as per my members’ ride thread) and I didn’t remove the pedal box because the buyer wanted it so was part of the deal.  But I get where you’re coming from.  I did switch it off though in anticipation of it being transported to Scotland, so had the displeasure of a couple short city journeys without it.  Horrible!   With the new car, I want to drive it stock for a week or two to see what it’s like before deciding if any additions are required.  My pedal box was an old version and if I do feel the mk8 needs one, I’ll buy a new one.  But I’m not getting one in advance atm in case it’s not needed. 

Yes a bit of varied driving - gears, revs etc to ease it in before hitting the R button with purpose!  😁

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

I did switch it off though in anticipation of it being transported to Scotland, so had the displeasure of a couple short city journeys without it.  Horrible!   With the new car, I want to drive it stock for a week or two to see what it’s like before deciding if any additions are required.  My pedal box was an old version and if I do feel the mk8 needs one, I’ll buy a new one.  But I’m not getting one in advance atm in case it’s not needed. 

I hope (and assume) that it won't be needed. That sluggish initial throttle response was one of the few annoying things about the 7/7.5R. It seemed to be a 'VW thing' as my TTS (basically the same car underneath!) has no such dead space. Would you be able (yet) to even get one for the mk 8? It's not currently listed on the racechip website, and the DTUK one requires input of a reg number to check compatibility.

Anyway, I can't believe that they won't have sorted it 🙂. It's going to a long few days for you Bec!

4 hours ago, JaseW said:

After seeing this I may actually spec the 19” actually.

Does the DCC comfort settings have the ability to negate the harder ride of the 19’s?

I have young kids and a wife that’s are all about comfort you see.... hence why I was sticking with the 18’s.....

The 19s are absolutely stunning. I he a 7R many moons ago and loved the Pretoria’s, but I think these trump them. I’d however not fancy curbing one of these!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, FBF said:

The 19s are absolutely stunning. I he a 7R many moons ago and loved the Pretoria’s, but I think these trump them. I’d however not fancy curbing one of these!!!!!!

I have just ordered mine with Chris at Medway, he remembered I didn't want it washing, so it will be a dirty drive home first, I changed my spec slightly too. 

I have gone for: 

Lapiz

DCC

H&K

Rear Cam

Park Assist

19" Estorils

I thought about the HUD but decided against it, and dropped the winter pack & Pro Pass protection. I hardly used the heated seats in my 7.5 and if the car is iced over I throw a bucket a water over it anyway so figured I wouldn't need the heated washer jets either as I also use the concentrated wash liquid. 

Fingers crossed for some decent tyres. 

Waiting for the order number now so I can start playing tracker roulette for the next 6 months........ (quoted 20 weeks still) 

I hope (and assume) that it won't be needed. That sluggish initial throttle response was one of the few annoying things about the 7/7.5R. It seemed to be a 'VW thing' as my TTS (basically the same car underneath!) has no such dead space. Would you be able (yet) to even get one for the mk 8? It's not currently listed on the racechip website, and the DTUK one requires input of a reg number to check compatibility.
Anyway, I can't believe that they won't have sorted it [emoji846]. It's going to a long few days for you Bec!

https://www.pedalbox.com/en/vw/golf-viii-cb1-2019/2-0-tsi-r-300ps-221kw-1984ccm/pedalbox.html

Yes you can [emoji106]