Booth11

Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

36 minutes ago, Danscfc said:

Collection Day is here!  😄

Few hours at work, probably scrolling this site, and then a nice hour long train up to the dealer, pretty excited.

Hurrah!  🎉🍾 Exciting!  Joe the next fees hours pass quickly and work isn’t too intrusive.  😁 

Best of luck with collection Dan, and hope you love it at first sight.  Be sure to post pics and thoughts when you can.  😊

Dealer just emailed to say that they can schedule delivery of the car for the 30th! 😵

Thought I had better check the tracker - and it is still "In Transit" but at least has changed to "Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK" which I assume means that it is FINALLY on a boat 😂.

Not going to argue with the dealership if they are confident of delivery (even though technically it isn't here yet!)

Maybe they get more detailed info (I hope) 🤔 😋

VWROrder5c.thumb.jpg.fc60d59a2c9b7dd6597952fd85db69a1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Fruitloop said:

Dealer just emailed to say that they can schedule delivery of the car for the 30th! 😵

Thought I had better check the tracker - and it is still "In Transit" but at least has changed to "Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK" which I assume means that it is FINALLY on a boat 😂.

Not going to argue with the dealership if they are confident of delivery (even though technically it isn't here yet!)

I wouldn't bet against it being at the dealer already, ours (7.5) was when the tracker still said in transit, I think it had been delivered before it was showing at the dealer!

2 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

I wouldn't bet against it being at the dealer already, ours (7.5) was when the tracker still said in transit, I think it had been delivered before it was showing at the dealer!

Yes - wouldn't surprise me @Martin2 , you are probably right. The tracker is doggy doo 💩

48 minutes ago, Fruitloop said:

VWROrder5c.thumb.jpg.fc60d59a2c9b7dd6597952fd85db69a1.jpg

That’s fab news fruitloop!  Stupid lazy tracker!  😂 Really good that you’re getting a delivery date!  

14 hours ago, evanstafford said:

Haven't had much time to play yet, had to wait for collection of my 7.5. Then I needed a bit of kip before nightshift. Was still trying to figure out where everything was in the menu options. Still can't see anywhere to show you what gear you're in.....

Yes, find this annoying too re the gear not displaying in D, having come from a 7.5 with a digi dash where it did show what gear you were in...

Hopefully can be coded somehow down the line.

5 minutes ago, MalakianCigaro said:

White, 19inch estoril & reversing camera. Really wanted R performance pack but couldn't justify the cost as really only the wheels and the wing is what I would want it for.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The wing will start to be a dealer fit soon. 

29 minutes ago, MalakianCigaro said:

White, 19inch estoril & reversing camera. Really wanted R performance pack but couldn't justify the cost as really only the wheels and the wing is what I would want it for.

Congrats on your order!  

37 minutes ago, MalakianCigaro said:

same as me with the PP, the rear spoiler looks great but hoping for aftermarket option

4 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Checked about this and apparently not as it’s part of the hatch 

Didn't realise it was part of the boot, just thought it was an add on. With VW keeping it unique for a short while to get sales up on R packs.