Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

1 hour ago, JaseW said:

Interesting.... and yours was pretty stacked with options too from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was a pretty well specced order.  I'm considering it karma for having to wait 8 months for my mk7 order.  Or early parole for good behaviour. 😁

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Chungster said:

To those who’ve ordered via DTD - how long was it between DTD confirming price/spec/lead time with you before the dealer called you to finalise the deal??

Cheers!

The dealership contacted me by email the day after I placed the order via DtD.   The dealer then phoned me the same day to take the deposit and a day or so after that I got my order number.  

The dealership contacted me the day after I placed the order via DtD.   The dealer phoned to take the deposit and a day or so after that I got my order number.  

Wow - that’s quick!

DTD called me first thing yesterday to confirm - still waiting for the dealer to make contact! 20-22 week lead time at the mo. Might contact DTD tomorrow if I don’t hear anything.

Order placed today. I am being quoted approx. 6 months. Looking like a 71 plate in the (UK). 

Lapiz Blue

Estoril Wheels

DCC

Head-up Display

Rear View Camera

Discover Pro

Harman Kardon

Hopefully no delays 😀

44 minutes ago, davidm said:

Order placed today. I am being quoted approx. 6 months. Looking like a 71 plate in the (UK). 

Lapiz Blue

Estoril Wheels

DCC

Head-up Display

Rear View Camera

Discover Pro

Harman Kardon

Hopefully no delays 😀

Nice spec 😎 can I ask what features led you to spec the discover pro, just that I’m lost at what it actually gives extra over the standard system 

15 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Nice spec 😎 can I ask what features led you to spec the discover pro, just that I’m lost at what it actually gives extra over the standard system 

I have a separate SIM for the car so direct connectivity is handy rather then data sharing with the phone. I like the Nav being available on the 'drivers' screen as I have today, rather than in the centre. The Head Up display potentially reduces the benefit of that. It was the last option ticked and I went back and forth with it. I like it in my 7.5R and carried other benefits in that car so ultimately ticked the box. 

7 minutes ago, davidm said:

I have a separate SIM for the car so direct connectivity is handy rather then data sharing with the phone. I like the Nav being available on the 'drivers' screen as I have today, rather than in the centre. The Head Up display potentially reduces the benefit of that. It was the last option ticked and I went back and forth with it. I like it in my 7.5R and carried other benefits in that car so ultimately ticked the box. 

Fair enough :) With regard to the nav being available  in the drivers screen that appears to be standard now.

2 hours ago, davidm said:

Lapiz Blue

Estoril Wheels

DCC

Head-up Display

Rear View Camera

Discover Pro

Harman Kardon

Hopefully no delays 😀

Lovely spec!  

45 minutes ago, davidm said:

On the latest hardware version (D) with standard nav you can get nav maps on the dash display as well as the infotainment display.  

Here it is on mine with standard nav 

70A691B2-5682-429B-8B98-527927255801.thumb.jpeg.666d117122de274ef21588d777426a6f.jpeg

13 hours ago, Chungster said:

To those who’ve ordered via DTD - how long was it between DTD confirming price/spec/lead time with you before the dealer called you to finalise the deal??

Cheers!

Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, on a Wednesday through DTD and Dealer rang me lunchtime on Friday to confirm the order. I then received confirmation email from both DTD and the dealer on the following Tuesday with an order number. one day later it appeared on the tracker as saying 'with the factory' where it hasn't changed any further yet. 

I have also since emailed the dealer to add another option, which was confirmed the following day. 

Quoted 20 weeks lead time by the dealer, I reckon it will be a September plate, if it arrives anytime past the first week of July I will request the dealer hang on to it until September.